What is the difference between "vmware_desktop" and "vmware_workstation"?

Lucas Rangit Magasweran

Oct 31, 2017, 2:12:22 PM10/31/17
to Vagrant
I see Vagrant boxes with tags "vmware_fusion", "vmware_desktop" and "vmware_workstation"? But I don't understand the difference because there's no "vmware_desktop" product.

What is the difference between "vmware_desktop" and "vmware_workstation"?

Brian Cain

Nov 1, 2017, 11:51:45 AM11/1/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hi there Lucas!

I'm sorry, this is a little confusing! In terms of Vagrant Cloud and the boxes you find on there, those labels should mean the same thing and should be interchangeable. The naming is an artifact of the provider used with Vagrant, but when you're looking for a box to use, you should be ok selecting either one for all vmware products.

I hope that clears up the confusion...thanks! :)

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 11:12 AM, Lucas Rangit Magasweran <external+grou...@magasweran.com> wrote:
I see Vagrant boxes with tags "vmware_fusion", "vmware_desktop" and "vmware_workstation"? But I don't understand the difference because there's no "vmware_desktop" product.

What is the difference between "vmware_desktop" and "vmware_workstation"?

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/fb9b0ad6-bb36-4779-9f05-03029e6cb194%40googlegroups.com.

Brian Cain