VMWare Fusion 5

Jeremy Nelson

Nov 6, 2017, 2:36:40 PM11/6/17
to Vagrant
This may be a long shot, but does vagrant work with VMWare Fusion 5? And has anyone used it with Laravel Homestead?

Mitchell Hashimoto

Nov 6, 2017, 2:40:43 PM11/6/17
to Vagrant
Jeremy,

The plugin should be compatible with VMware Fusion 5.

I see branches in the code that specifically work with Fusion 5.

However, I will note that we haven’t tested those code paths in many years so it is possible there are bugs that we’d likely no longer fix. If you purchase the plugin and give it a shot and it doesn’t work, please just contact our support and we’ll refund you and revoke the license.

Best,
Mitchell

On Nov 6, 2017, 11:36 AM -0800, Jeremy Nelson <ncgso...@gmail.com>, wrote:
This may be a long shot, but does vagrant work with VMWare Fusion 5? And has anyone used it with Laravel Homestead?

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/b97eae72-0a45-4c3b-a126-670ae343b50b%40googlegroups.com.

Jeremy Nelson

Nov 6, 2017, 2:48:47 PM11/6/17
to Vagrant
Thanks Mitchell!

Would it be necessary to purchase an older version?
This is on my old Mac Pro with OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard).
It's old, but is still an awesome workhorse that I use for a lot of virtual machines include Mint 18 and Windows 10 with Visual Studio.

Mitchell Hashimoto

Nov 6, 2017, 2:54:07 PM11/6/17
to Vagrant
Jeremy,

No, the latest version of the plugin retains the compatibility code with Fusion 5 (with my “YMMV” disclaimers noted from prior email).

Best,
Mitchell

Jeremy Nelson

Nov 6, 2017, 3:01:47 PM11/6/17