Nested VMs on public cloud provider

Waltavista Steiner

Apr 13, 2017, 5:06:54 AM4/13/17
to Vagrant
Hello,
I know the topic is often asked and many posts helped mit to get VirtualBox VMs running on an VMWare-VM on my desktop. I had to choose 32 bit OS for nested VMs and had some experiments with the network. But it runs and I have access from my desktop to the nested VMs.

Is there any chance to get this running on a (Ubuntu-) VM running on AWS, Google or Upcloud for example? I think no because I can't chance the first network interface.

I you think yes I would looking forward to see the Vagrant config.

Thank you very much. Regards. Waltavista.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Apr 14, 2017, 3:23:00 PM4/14/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
when you spin a vm in virtualbox, inside the vm what do you do? i think you install virtualbox, right?

on AWS you are using XEN, so virtualbox wont run

nested VMS in the cloud is not something that will work since the hw capability is not available to you

if you are having linux guest, perhaps you can check run Docker, or LXC

Alvaro

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/8e592a1b-73b1-49fe-94bc-fc25dd7330e7%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro