[ANN] Removal of legacy Vagrant Cloud (Atlas) URLs next Friday (February 2nd)

Justin Campbell

Jan 24, 2018, 10:58:26 AM1/24/18
to Vagrant
If you're using Vagrant >= 1.9.6, you can safely ignore this notice. Otherwise, please read on for affected versions and a workaround.

For a period of time, Vagrant was released with a default Vagrant Cloud URL of https://atlas.hashicorp.com. Support for downloading Vagrant boxes from this domain will be removed on Friday, February 2nd, 2018. The correct URL is https://vagrantcloud.com.

Affected Vagrant versions and release dates:

>= 1.7.0 (12/9/2014),
< v1.9.6 (6/28/2017)

We recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of Vagrant (2.0.1) at https://www.vagrantup.com/downloads.html

If you'd like to continue using the versions mentioned above, you'll need to set the VAGRANT_SERVER_URL environment variable in order for box downloads/updates to continue working:

    # macOS and Linux
    export VAGRANT_SERVER_URL="https://vagrantcloud.com"

    # Windows (CMD)
    set VAGRANT_SERVER_URL="https://vagrantcloud.com"

    # Windows (Powershell)
    $env:VAGRANT_SERVER_URL="https://vagrantcloud.com"

If you have any questions or concerns, you can reply here, or email support+va...@hashicorp.com.

Thanks! -Justin

Justin Campbell

Feb 2, 2018, 10:58:27 AM2/2/18
to Vagrant
This has been deployed. Please follow the instructions above if you run into any issues, or email support+va...@hashicorp.com. -Justin
If you have any questions or concerns, you can reply here, or email support+vagrantcloud@hashicorp.com.

Thanks! -Justin

ptr...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2018, 12:42:06 PM2/6/18
to Vagrant
I had trouble updating existing boxes, even though I am on the most recent version of Vagrant (v2.0.2). When I ran `vagrant box update`, Vagrant was looking for box metadata at atlas.hashicorp.com instead of vagrantcloud.com.

Here's how I solved the problem on macOS:

`~/.vagrant.d/boxes/ubuntu-VAGRANTSLASH-xenial64/metadata_url` contained `https://atlas.hashicorp.com/ubuntu/xenial64`. I updated it to `https://vagrantcloud.com/ubuntu/xenial64` and now `vagrant box update` works again.
Message has been deleted

Antony Stone

Mar 6, 2018, 7:30:19 AM3/6/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday 06 March 2018 at 13:09:54, Yousef Saber wrote:

> > can you show me what did you do with some screenshots please
> >
> > step by step
> >
> > I'm still beginner

You appear to be a beginner at using mailing lists as well.

You've replied to an announcement from January 24th regarding a change in the
URL used to obtain pre-configured Vagrant boxes from Hashicorp.

Your question above makes no sense in that context.

Please either:

a) reply to the posting you want to ask for further details about

or

b) start a new thread with a subject appropriate to your question and tell us
what you need to know.

In either case, please tell us:

- what are you trying to achieve
- what have you tried so far to make this work
- what guides / tutorials / documentation have you followed
- what (specifically) did not work as expected?

That should give us enough information to help you with your problem.

Regards,

Antony.

--
Numerous psychological studies over the years have demonstrated that the
majority of people genuinely believe they are not like the majority of people.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.