How to setup Vagrant for qemu UEFI boot

gloo

Feb 23, 2018, 7:05:26 AM2/23/18
to Vagrant
Hey guys I'm quite new to Vagrant and trying to find a solution to use EFI bootloader for a qemu vm in Vagrant.
It seems to be possible to add the readonly part of EFI with

config.vm.provider :libvirt do |libvirt|
  libvirt.loader = '/usr/share/OVMF/OVMF_CODE.fd'

but how can I pass the writeable pflash OVMF_VARS.fd via Vagrant?
The libvirt storage options don't seem to allow pflash files as drive

In qemu (packer) I use the following 2 lines to pass both files:

            [ "-drive", "file=OVMF_CODE.fd,if=pflash,format=raw,unit=0,readonly=on" ],
            [ "-drive", "file=OVMF_VARS.fd,if=pflash,format=raw,unit=1" ],

Any help would be appreciated.

Gloo

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Feb 23, 2018, 3:58:02 PM2/23/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Qemu is a community plugin, so if you don't get a reply here, the best will be check the documentation of the plugin and the source code to see if you can expose those details.

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/8bd83fb9-2e71-4cc5-a65a-a72109b094f6%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

dragon788

Apr 6, 2020, 12:45:06 PM4/6/20
to Vagrant
This is a really old post but I also had the same question, I found in the README a very subtle hint on how to pass Custom Arguments directly to qemu for cases where the exposed options in the Vagrantfile don't map to what you need.