vagrant, VirtualBox and centos7 - problem with network connection.

Malkin Fedor

Sep 26, 2017, 3:11:28 AM9/26/17
to Vagrant
Hello averyone!
I have a problem with the vagrant and a VirtualBox VM with CentOS7. My problem with network. When I run a vagrant up command everythin is ok, except a problem with access to external network. I'm trying to ping 8.8.8.8 and it says "From 10.0.2.2 icmp_seq=1 Destination Net Unreachable".
Only when I send the "shutdown now" command via ssh and start the VM in VirtualBox the network connection work properly.
Maybe someone faced with the problem like this.
Thanks in advice for any help!
Message has been deleted

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Sep 26, 2017, 3:56:04 AM9/26/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
What happens when you use a different box?

say hashicorp/precise64

Are you on the latest virtualbox ?

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/3584c293-67c3-4871-b3c6-298397baf0be%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Malkin Fedor

Sep 26, 2017, 4:16:45 AM9/26/17
to Vagrant
My VirtualBox version is 5.1.10 r112026 (Qt5.6.2).
I'll try to update VB. I didn't try any others OS, but I'll try it also.

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 9:11 AM, Malkin Fedor <malki...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello averyone!
I have a problem with the vagrant and a VirtualBox VM with CentOS7. My problem with network. When I run a vagrant up command everythin is ok, except a problem with access to external network. I'm trying to ping 8.8.8.8 and it says "From 10.0.2.2 icmp_seq=1 Destination Net Unreachable".
Only when I send the "shutdown now" command via ssh and start the VM in VirtualBox the network connection work properly.
Maybe someone faced with the problem like this.
Thanks in advice for any help!

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode

Alvaro

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Sep 26, 2017, 4:46:32 AM9/26/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Please note that Centos boxes are hosted outside hashicorp, so perhaps there is some sort of issue there.

I would suggest try a different box in the meantime, ie bento boxes they have centos too.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/6c917d5c-a2d3-4a77-ba18-bd3da97dbbe0%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Malkin Fedor

Sep 26, 2017, 5:02:47 AM9/26/17
to Vagrant
I've updated VirtualBox but problem is still. I've also tried to deploy a box with precise64, and there is the same problem.

Malkin Fedor

Sep 26, 2017, 5:17:28 AM9/26/17
to Vagrant
I forgot give information about my host operation system - OSX El Capitan 10.11.4 (15E65)

Malkin Fedor

Sep 26, 2017, 5:23:41 AM9/26/17
to Vagrant
Could you tell me, how can I use centos from bento box?

вторник, 26 сентября 2017 г., 11:46:38 UTC+3 пользователь Alvaro Miranda Aguilera написал:

--
Alvaro

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Sep 26, 2017, 5:26:27 AM9/26/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Sure

Check this org in vagrant cloud:

Thanks
Alvaro

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/07eb3028-3b0b-425f-8048-56e49079097a%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Malkin Fedor

Sep 27, 2017, 2:34:38 AM9/27/17
to Vagrant
Hello,
I've tried install centos from bento box. Unfortunatly, it didn't solve this problem.

вторник, 26 сентября 2017 г., 12:26:27 UTC+3 пользователь Alvaro Miranda Aguilera написал:

--
Alvaro