Errors running "sudo dnf update -y" on a vanilla fedora/24-cloud-base vagrant box

Gianfranco Cecconi

Jun 4, 2017, 8:45:11 AM6/4/17
to Vagrant
See here https://gist.github.com/giacecco/4bee169ebb6201f048484c51c3ea4a9d the errors I get on the console as I run a simple "sudo dnf update -y" using a provisioning script on a vanilla fedora/24-cloud-base vagrant box. I am sure this must be something trivial linked to the fact that it is a "cloud base" image. Can you suggest how to avoid the issue? Thanks.

Giacecco

Gianfranco Cecconi

Jun 4, 2017, 2:50:05 PM6/4/17
to Vagrant
Solved by adding these lines to the provisioning script:

echo "export LANG=en_US.UTF-8" >> .bashrc
echo "export LANGUAGE=en_US.UTF-8" >> .bashrc
echo "export LC_COLLATE=C" >> .bashrc
echo "export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8" >> .bashrc
source .bashrc

Note that other locales than en_US.UTF-8 do not work, probably because the cloud base image is not intended to support other than that.