using inline commands in vagrantfile won't work

John McAfee

Jun 23, 2017, 2:07:52 PM6/23/17
to Vagrant
I am using Vagrant and VirtualBox on the MacBook for the first time.
Setup was simple and I was up and running with a simple.
However, when attempting to automate creating a virtual machine with a few provisions, I get errors.
Most specific, using any command to try and interact with a file in my "/vagrant" synced folder is not working.
It doesn't matter ... cp, mv, tar ... no command works on any file using the command from the Vagrantfile.
It says either it can't find it or it can not open it.  I have used every sudo and chmod 777 command I know
to rule out any permission issue.

However, if I ssh into the vagrant box, the commands works just fine ... just as I have them in the Vagrantfile.
Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong in the Vagrantfile?

Please find attached my Vagrantfile and a debug log (vagrant.log)

Thank you,

John
Vagrantfile
vagrant.log

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Jun 26, 2017, 3:44:38 AM6/26/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

In the documentation there is an example on how to do multi line inline scripts.

For the shared folder in virtualbox to work, the guest need to have virtualbox additions and kernel modules installed.

I would suggest test a different box first, ie hashicorp/precise64

and then check the documentation for virtualbox to make sure all is fine.

Alvaro.

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/4f07495b-47d1-4aa7-bbf8-527f70811d22%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro