"There is a problem with this windows installer package" error

Jude

Oct 5, 2017, 8:27:53 AM10/5/17
to Vagrant
Hi guys, Please I get the above error message when I try to install vagrant_1.9.1.
I run windows 7 on Acer Aspire E1-531 with the following configuration:
Processor: Intel B960 processor - 2.2GHz, 4gig RAM and 320gig ROM.
Thanks.
vagrant error.GIF

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Oct 5, 2017, 8:43:05 AM10/5/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hello

are you able to check the checksum of the binary works?

any reason not going to the latest one?

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/2cd443db-4dfd-4268-a081-e53e0622c6c4%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Jude

Oct 5, 2017, 9:38:37 AM10/5/17
to Vagrant
 @Alvaro Miranda Aguilera
I actually have not.
But I have downloaded three different versions and still getting the same error.
Thanks

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Oct 5, 2017, 9:59:06 AM10/5/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
i tested on 64 bit windows with 64 bit executable

Inline image 1

and installation worked fine:

Inline image 2

Can you check your OS is 32 or 64 bits and you are using the right binary
check the checksum and review anti virus logs to see if there is anything like that.

Are you in a corporate network? sometimes they have equipment that scan/reconstruct files, that may be doing some interference.

Thanks
Alvaro

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode

Alvaro

Jude Ogbonna

Oct 6, 2017, 5:34:07 AM10/6/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
I see. I run a 64 bit system and its my personal computer. Can you help me out on how to verify the check sum.
I will review my ant-virus log to see if anything comes up.
 Thanks.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0exTb0kHu5R9sq2gwvruX88R9PAdF8X9hoNRBa6fRmLfCw%40mail.gmail.com.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Oct 6, 2017, 5:41:39 AM10/6/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

you can check the signature values here:

ie

9e33c6e0ba25c597e963a2b514818829b9e4ce9ddaf45718be4b0a97da04afd1  vagrant_2.0.0_i686.msi
0fd2ebaf46d2d0f33a77844ed7a2116158b13872e47877bbb3929ae55d3d104f  vagrant_2.0.0_x86_64.msi

then you need to use any tool to check sha256sums

if you don't have one, microsoft have a tool:

But are others.

Then just make sure the sha256 outout of the downloaded file , match the one in the signature file.

Alvaro.

Alvaro

Jude Ogbonna

Oct 9, 2017, 7:21:51 AM10/9/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
I have confirmed the harsh and it is the same, and I tried it on a friends system and it installed. I am just stuck for now