Installation Fails

scott milliken

Sep 22, 2017, 6:11:56 PM9/22/17
to Vagrant
Downloaded the version 2.0.0, ran the .dmg file, then the .pkg file and nothing happens. It goes thru the installation process and says that it finished, but there is no Vagrant in the Applications.

Using a Macbook Pro with Sierra installed on it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Scott

Salty Vagrant

Sep 23, 2017, 5:29:29 AM9/23/17
to Vagrant

Scott

I’ve not done a fresh 2.0.0 install, but my 1.9.5 install put vagrant in /usr/local/bin. Remember, it’s a command line tool so putting it in Applications would not really gain you anything.

SV

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/e3d4e364-f092-4da6-b480-fb204610bab8%40googlegroups.com.

scott milliken

Sep 23, 2017, 2:22:21 PM9/23/17
to Vagrant
Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to use Vagrant from with the program Evothings Studio. When the Build button is clicked, it checks to see if Virtualbox and Vagrant are installed. It pushes an error that Vagrant is not installed. I don't know all of the ins and outs of Evothings. I checked /usr/local/bin and there is a file in there called vagrant. The executable is on /opt/vagrant/bin.

I tried to run vagrant with some of the commands in the documentations and get the following

Dexters-MacBook-Pro:Documents dexter$ vagrant init hishicorp/precise64
`Vagrantfile` already exists in this directory. Remove it before
running `vagrant init`.
Dexters-MacBook-Pro:Documents dexter$ vagrant up
Bringing machine 'default' up with 'virtualbox' provider...
==> default: Box 'hishicorp/precise64' could not be found. Attempting to find and install...
    default: Box Provider: virtualbox
    default: Box Version: >= 0
The box 'hishicorp/precise64' could not be found or
could not be accessed in the remote catalog. If this is a private
box on HashiCorp's Vagrant Cloud, please verify you're logged in via
`vagrant login`. Also, please double-check the name. The expanded
URL and error message are shown below:

Error: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

I'll keep playing with it and searching the forums on Evothings.

Scott