Windows shutdown issue: "VirtualBox Interface has active connections"

Carl Gross

Oct 14, 2016, 11:58:57 AM10/14/16
to Vagrant
Hi all.  Whenever I end my Vagrant session, I do so by running vagrant destroy and my box appears to be destroyed without issue.  But when I later try to shut down Windows (Win 10, x64) as usual, it hangs with the message, "VirtualBox Interface has active connections."  How can I resolve this?  I suspect I am missing a step before/after vagrant destroy?

Thanks in advance.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Oct 14, 2016, 4:09:50 PM10/14/16
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

if you get that message again, could you share the output of

VBoxManage list vms

That will show if there is still a VirtualBox vm running.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 5:58 PM, Carl Gross <cag...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all.  Whenever I end my Vagrant session, I do so by running vagrant destroy and my box appears to be destroyed without issue.  But when I later try to shut down Windows (Win 10, x64) as usual, it hangs with the message, "VirtualBox Interface has active connections."  How can I resolve this?  I suspect I am missing a step before/after vagrant destroy?

Thanks in advance.

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/3a120dbc-acea-42fc-9081-8fbbeec33662%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Carl Gross

Oct 15, 2016, 9:49:27 AM10/15/16
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
THanks for the reply.  Unfortunately testing this will have to wait a few days/weeks, as something has come up.  I'll report back here when I do though.

Thanks!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/CAHqq0exAwLvN4hkBzzP_%3DtEuTQKC19Nx1b1wj%3DpZ-H8fzyNmYA%40mail.gmail.com.

Carl Gross

Oct 27, 2016, 2:07:18 AM10/27/16
to Vagrant
I have an update.  I uninstalled Vagrant and VirtualBox and did a clean install of both. I am not encountering this issue anymore.  The previous error was most likely caused by the user not suspending or halting the box (or previous boxes) before shut down.  So we can consider this resolved for now.  Thanks for your help.  In the least, it showed me how to use the command line in VirtualBox.

prataps...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2018, 7:57:07 AM9/29/18
to Vagrant
its happening when i am shutting down windows 10 , but the thing is that i have not installed virtual box .. then from where virtual box interface preventing logoff appears .. can you please explain .. thank you

On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 3:09 AM, Alvaro Miranda Aguilera <kik...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello

if you get that message again, could you share the output of

VBoxManage list vms

That will show if there is still a VirtualBox vm running.

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 5:58 PM, Carl Gross <cag...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all.  Whenever I end my Vagrant session, I do so by running vagrant destroy and my box appears to be destroyed without issue.  But when I later try to shut down Windows (Win 10, x64) as usual, it hangs with the message, "VirtualBox Interface has active connections."  How can I resolve this?  I suspect I am missing a step before/after vagrant destroy?

Thanks in advance.

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode

Alvaro

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Vagrant" group.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Oct 2, 2018, 2:53:18 PM10/2/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Can you send a new message and explain how your machine is setup?

This is a different issue from a different person from 2016, 2 years ago.

Thanks
Alvaro

Alvaro

thiyagu hemanthkumar