Vagrant 2.0.2 trying to use php5.6 even after destroy

cwtooh...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2018, 8:55:54 PM2/19/18
to Vagrant

Chriss-MacBook-Pro:Homestead username$ vagrant destroy

    default: Are you sure you want to destroy the 'default' VM? [y/N] y

==> default: Destroying VM and associated drives...

Chriss-MacBook-Pro:Homestead username $ vagrant up

Bringing machine 'default' up with 'virtualbox' provider...

==> default: Importing base box 'laravel/homestead'...

==> default: Matching MAC address for NAT networking...

==> default: Checking if box 'laravel/homestead' is up to date...

==> default: There was a problem while downloading the metadata for your box

==> default: to check for updates. This is not an error, since it is usually due

==> default: to temporary network problems. This is just a warning. The problem

==> default: encountered was:

==> default:

==> default: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

==> default:

==> default: If you want to check for box updates, verify your network connection

==> default: is valid and try again.

==> default: Running provisioner: shell...

    default: Running: inline script

    default: Failed to restart php5-fpm.service: Unit php5-fpm.service not found.

The SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status. Vagrant

assumes that this means the command failed. The output for this command

should be in the log above. Please read the output to determine what

went wrong.

I believe this is causing my boxes to respond to ping, but not curl:

Chriss-MacBook-Pro:Homestead username$ ping testing.app

PING testing.app (192.168.10.10): 56 data bytes

64 bytes from 192.168.10.10: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.458 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.10.10: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.305 ms

64 bytes from 192.168.10.10: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.307 ms

^C

--- testing.app ping statistics ---

3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0.0% packet loss

round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.305/0.357/0.458/0.072 ms

Chriss-MacBook-Pro:Homestead username$ curl testing.app

<center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center>

and of course, if it won't respond to curl, it won't respond to a browser!

cwtooh...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2018, 9:00:46 PM2/19/18
to Vagrant
Sorry for the poor formatting. Hopefully this will be more readable:

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Feb 20, 2018, 4:04:29 AM2/20/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hello

vagrant create VMs from templates and run provisioning scrips (shell/puppet/ansible/other)

if your project is using a version of OS LIB PHP etc is because someone did it that way

if after vagrant up there is a misfit on what you need, couple of options

you can fork that and update to suit

you can build your own

how fluent you are to check package versions and upgrade/downgrade php if that is what you need?

I ask because Vagrant just run things on you behalf, but you need to know how to tell vagrant to do things

if you vagrant ssh -c 'sudo su -'

and you came with a list of commands you need to run, you can just put those in a script and tell vagrant to running it

Thanks!
Alvaro

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/9b147359-09a1-4610-929f-4fdfc691e437%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

cwtooh...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2018, 7:02:43 AM2/20/18
to Vagrant
Well that's kind of the point of posting here isn't it? If I knew what needed to be done to get it working...

Alvaro

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Feb 20, 2018, 7:35:06 AM2/20/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
so whats the part you are missing?

how to run that script with vagrant?

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/9d8bd6ba-20f0-4111-b3f6-b129145adc9e%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

cwtooh...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2018, 7:37:34 AM2/20/18
to Vagrant
Again, if I knew what I was missing, I'd be done. So what I'm missing are specific instructions.

--
Alvaro

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Feb 20, 2018, 7:43:24 AM2/20/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
ok, I can help you but there is a lot of moving parts and i did ask a question you missed somehow:

how fluent are you with os commands?

if you want just something that works, perhaps the question should be:

"what project I Can use that gives me a  b c " and you include the versions.

And you consume that.

If you want to "fix" the one you are using, I personally can help, will be few emails back and forth but I am happy to do it.

put your self on my side, I read your email I understand what you want to do, but I don't know anything else.

I can't assume you know 0% or 100% or where in the middle you are.

Lets assume you want to fix the one you are using.

1. Share a link to a github repo, either your own fork or the original one you are using to have a look.

2. assuming this is either debian based (debian/ubuntu) or redhat based (redhat/centos/oraclelinux) are you familar with OS command line?  log in, install/remove/upgrade packages?

3. What version is installed and what version you require?

and happy to help.

Alvaro.

cwtooh...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2018, 7:54:53 AM2/20/18
to Vagrant
I have multiple projects that all worked until recently. I think some update corrupted something and now nothing works. Every site responds with bad gateway. Most are Laravel projects, but I do have one that's straight php with no framework. At this point, I'd like to add a fresh "Hello World" that works in Laravel or straight php. So I don't need a repo: a fresh install of any project will do.

Right now, I've got Vagrant 2.0.2, and PHP 7.1 (Vagrant seems to look for 5.6 on vagrant up --provision) but I'll change either if necessary.

Fluent with bash? Fairly, but it's not something I use every day.

cwtooh...@gmail.com

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Feb 20, 2018, 8:09:31 AM2/20/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
So, laravel is not something hashicorp do

Hashicorp only provides the boxes in hashicorp organization, and hosting for public boxes.

say hashicorp/precise64 as test box.

if on that directory/repo you check the Vagrantfile, you will find out some information like  config.vm.box =

the format may be in the form of user/org

with that information you can go to vagrant cloud and find who does that project (is not us)

Say you are using laravel/homestead

current version released 2 weeks ago == 5.1.0

previous version was 5.0.1 released 3 months ago

if you follow those instructions you can create a VM with that version:

Vagrant.configure("2") do |config|
  config.vm.box = "laravel/homestead"
  config.vm.box_version = "5.0.1"
end

If this still doesn't work, the best will be contact them

They got forums, slack, tweeter, etc.

Thanks
Alvaro.

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/ca64804f-18f1-4935-89c8-917731f52d7a%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

cwtooh...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2018, 8:15:42 AM2/20/18
to Vagrant
I think I've demonstrated clearly that the problem is not Laravel. As I've said, I have one project that is straight php that also no longer responds:

Chriss-MacBook-Pro:Homestead username$ ping straightphp.test
PING straightphp.test (192.168.10.10): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.10.10: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.314 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.10.10: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.280 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.10.10: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.301 ms
^C
--- straightphp.test ping statistics ---
3 packets transmitted, 3 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.280/0.298/0.314/0.014 ms
Chriss-MacBook-Pro:Homestead username$ curl straightphp.test