Lost connections to Virtualbox VM's when I connect to VPN

William Saxton

Jun 2, 2017, 1:02:57 PM6/2/17
to Vagrant
I'm using vagrant to provision some pretty basic VM's and everything is working with the following network setup:

    node.vm.network "private_network", ip: "10.0.1.100"

When I connect to my company VPN, though, I can no longer access the VM via its IP address.

Is there a different vagrant setting I need to access it properly?  I had thought that "private_network" meant that all communication between the host and guest VM would go directly to one another, but it looks like it trying to access it through the VPN first which obviously won't work.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Jun 3, 2017, 7:15:11 AM6/3/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello

VPN unfortunately is something need to be discussed with the network people.

Since they can configure to route all the traffic ovet the VPN, and therefore your host can't see the guest.

If you check the routing table before/after VPN, you should be able to see whats been modified.

From a technical point of view, make it work is doable, but if the VPN setup is in that way, my personal suggestion will be try to make the right thing and ask them to make a network not routable, etc, so you can work on your machine.

Thanks
Alvaro.

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode