Vagrant 1.8.4 and 2.1.5 on same MacOS.

Zghibarta Ion

Sep 29, 2018, 12:49:22 AM9/29/18
to Vagrant
Hey, I need some insights on how to setup properly my mac to work with both vagrant versions.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Sep 29, 2018, 3:52:14 AM9/29/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hello

Download the latest vagrant version, and virtualbox, and should work.

What you have tried, what error you see?

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 6:49 AM Zghibarta Ion <zghi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey, I need some insights on how to setup properly my mac to work with both vagrant versions.

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/8c6ea5d8-f349-4947-a495-62faf3f8478c%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Zghibarta Ion

Oct 1, 2018, 4:35:27 AM10/1/18
to Vagrant
Hi Alvaro,

I want to be able to run two different versions of vagrant on the same MacOS machine.
More context :)
I need and I have vagrant 1.8.4 for work.
Also for some experiments, I want to try the latest vagrant 2.1.5.
When I try to install 2.1.5 through dmg package it replaces 1.8.4 version :(

Here I need some steps how to manual install/configure vagrant 2.1.5 in order to be able to run different versions
for instance:
 command - vagrant184 - will run vagrant 1.8.4
 command - vagrant215 will run version 2.1.5

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Oct 2, 2018, 2:43:47 PM10/2/18
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
Hello.

Vagrant from the official installer doesn't allow to install more than one version.

So the best will be stick to one version.

Alvaro,

Alvaro

Zghibarta Ion

Oct 3, 2018, 3:05:46 AM10/3/18
to Vagrant
Hey guys
Thanks a lot for your support,
I found a solution and it works for me :)
https://gist.github.com/arielpontes/b2d783fde85e1b3237b8