New to Vagrant - ssh error on boot - "vagrant" user on Windows 10

Phil Ritzenthaler

Sep 19, 2016, 3:48:19 PM9/19/16
to Vagrant
I am in need to learn Puppet 4. I am using a Windows 10 PC.

I am trying to follow the instructions in O'Reilly "Learning Puppet 4".  Learning Vagrant may be a future task, but right now it is just a tool to continue learning Puppet4.  The instructions were:
1.) install Git Tools (http://git-scm.com/download/win)
2.) install Virtual Box (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads)
3.) install Vagrant (https://www.vagrantup.com/downloads.htlp)

After the 3 installs:
1. run Git bash
2. run "vagrant box add --provider puppetlabs/centos-7.2-64-nocm"
3. run "git clone https://github/jorhett/learning-puppet4"
4. run "vagrant plugin install vagrant-vbguest"
5. run "vagrant up client"

and there is when I run into trouble.  I get the same ssh error.  It seems to be looking for a user called "vagrant" that is not created.  The commands that someone published would not work because I am not root.

So . . .
1. How do you become root (su not found)
2. Should I use windows to create a vagrant account first?

Thank you for your time . . .

--Phil

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Sep 19, 2016, 4:15:25 PM9/19/16
to vagra...@googlegroups.com

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 9:48 PM, Phil Ritzenthaler <prit...@gmail.com> wrote:
puppetlabs/centos-7.2-64-nocm

hello

whrn yoju do vagrant up, does that complete?

you could connect to the vm as
vagrant ssh

if on vagrant it fails due ssh, try to use vagrant 1.8.4 and try again..

Checking the puppet template that create the vm, seem root password is puppet.

"ssh_username": "root",
"ssh_password": "puppet",

Thanks
Alvaro