How I can setup vagrant with AWS on base machine windows

Milind Sisodiya

Sep 7, 2017, 3:55:45 AM9/7/17
to Vagrant
Hi, Please share more information for below scenario. 1. I am using windows 7 as base machine where my AWS instance keys are downloaded. 2. I am using AWS cloud Where I have launched Linux Ec2 instance & .pem key file are downloaded into base windows machine.

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Sep 7, 2017, 3:25:04 PM9/7/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hello

can you explain what do you want to do, what you have tried, and what errors have you found ?

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Milind Sisodiya <milind2...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, Please share more information for below scenario. 1. I am using windows 7 as base machine where my AWS instance keys are downloaded. 2. I am using AWS cloud Where I have launched Linux Ec2 instance & .pem key file are downloaded into base windows machine.

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/2e48fa87-2ce9-4e44-b2ca-c5157e61c236%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro

Milind Sisodiya

Sep 7, 2017, 3:46:00 PM9/7/17
to Vagrant
Hello Alvaro,

I have run vagrant up command  and vagrant execution stuck at    default: Waiting for SSH to become available...
Please check below output for the same.

[root@ip-172-31-19-169 vagrant_test]# vagrant up --provider=aws
Bringing machine 'default' up with 'aws' provider...
==> default: Warning! The AWS provider doesn't support any of the Vagrant
==> default: high-level network configurations (config.vm.network). They
==> default: will be silently ignored.
==> default: Warning! You're launching this instance into a VPC without an
==> default: elastic IP. Please verify you're properly connected to a VPN so
==> default: you can access this machine, otherwise Vagrant will not be able
==> default: to SSH into it.
==> default: Launching an instance with the following settings...
==> default: -- Type: m3.medium
==> default: -- AMI: ami-c998b6b2
==> default: -- Region: us-east-1
==> default: -- Keypair: guruom_northv
==> default: -- Subnet ID: subnet-70d7a338
==> default: -- Security Groups: ["sg-955540e5"]
==> default: -- Block Device Mapping: []
==> default: -- Terminate On Shutdown: false
==> default: -- Monitoring: false
==> default: -- EBS optimized: false
==> default: -- Source Destination check:
==> default: -- Assigning a public IP address in a VPC: true
==> default: -- VPC tenancy specification: default
==> default: Waiting for instance to become "ready"...
==> default: Waiting for SSH to become available...

Execution stuck here and not moving forward.

my Vagrant file is as below

Vagrant.configure("2") do |config|
config.vm.box = "dummy"

config.vm.provider :aws do |aws, override|
aws.access_key_id = "AKIAIETI6RM6RKS6XMEQ"
aws.security_groups = "sg-955540e5"
aws.subnet_id = "subnet-70d7a338"
aws.associate_public_ip = true
aws.secret_access_key = "4C0TIFMBIJs0/DR00aLiJysnUBUeW4pqiYBx2eX/"
aws.keypair_name = "guruom_northv"
aws.region = "us-east-1"
aws.ami = "ami-c998b6b2"

override.ssh.username = "ec2-user"
override.ssh.private_key_path = ENV['AWS_PRIVATE_KEY']

end
end