cannot stat '/vagrant/.tmux.conf'

James Ray

Sep 9, 2017, 3:15:09 AM9/9/17
to Vagrant
Fresh Ubuntu 17.04 install.

Install Vagrant latest version and VirtualBox.
$ vagrant init

Modify Vagrantfile with that here, and use zesty64.

$ vagrant up

The output ends with:
==> default: node-v8.3.0-linux-x64/README.md
==> default: cp:
==> default: cannot stat '/vagrant/.tmux.conf'
==> default: : No such file or directory
The SSH command responded with a non-zero exit status. Vagrant
assumes that this means the command failed. The output for this command
should be in the log above. Please read the output to determine what
went wrong.

James Ray

Sep 9, 2017, 3:17:28 AM9/9/17
to Vagrant

James Ray

Sep 9, 2017, 3:28:06 AM9/9/17
to Vagrant
I will try deleting Virtualbox VMs, .vagrant and .vagrantd, and the vagrantfile, then reinstall Virtualbox and Vagrant, then do a vanilla `vagrant init` and `vagrant up` (no modified vagrantfile like the one here.

James Ray

Sep 9, 2017, 3:30:26 AM9/9/17
to Vagrant
I can't edit my post.

I will try deleting Virtualbox VMs, .vagrant and .vagrantd, and the vagrantfile, then do a vanilla `vagrant init` and `vagrant up` (no modified vagrantfile like the one here).

James Ray

Sep 9, 2017, 3:32:09 AM9/9/17
to Vagrant
That didn't work.

$ vagrant up
Bringing machine 'default' up with 'virtualbox' provider...
==> default: Box 'base' could not be found. Attempting to find and install...
    default: Box Provider: virtualbox
    default: Box Version: >= 0
==> default: Box file was not detected as metadata. Adding it directly...
==> default: Adding box 'base' (v0) for provider: virtualbox
    default: Downloading: base
An error occurred while downloading the remote file. The error
message, if any, is reproduced below. Please fix this error and try
again.

Couldn't open file /home/james/base

James Ray

Sep 9, 2017, 3:36:40 AM9/9/17
to Vagrant
I removed the VM in the Virtual Box app.

The output was still the same.

James Ray

Sep 9, 2017, 3:47:39 AM9/9/17
to Vagrant

James Ray

Sep 9, 2017, 3:49:34 AM9/9/17
to Vagrant
I made the same mistake that I've made before, you can't use `vagrant init` then press enter, you have to have `vagrant init <insert box name>`, e.g. `vagrant init ubuntu/zesty64`.

James Ray

Sep 9, 2017, 4:00:37 AM9/9/17
to Vagrant
Seems like it worked.

default: /vagrant => /home/james

James Ray

Sep 9, 2017, 4:47:10 AM9/9/17
to Vagrant
So I tried again with the modified vagrantfile here, but the attached output seems to be the same as previously.
vagrantUpWithEthDevEnv.txt

James Ray

Sep 9, 2017, 5:02:44 AM9/9/17
to Vagrant