No response after "vagrant up" command in Git Bash

Andy Carey

Dec 6, 2017, 2:21:16 PM12/6/17
to Vagrant
I am working in the Udacity course "Linux Command Line Basics". I have installed Git, and am running it fine. I have installed virtual box from here for a windows host. And I have installed vagrant for a 64 bit OS. I got a VM configuration file (i have tried the one provided by the course, and the one downloaded from Vagrant). I navigatged to the directory i would be working in and typed in "vagrant up"... at that point my terminal stops producing anything. here is a screen shot of what i see - https://i.imgur.com/sMci4ik.png this has been like this since 9:00 AM CST today. Anybody have any suggestions?

pixel fairy

Dec 6, 2017, 2:40:46 PM12/6/17
to Vagrant
Try running with debugging enabled

Alvaro Miranda Aguilera

Dec 6, 2017, 4:38:46 PM12/6/17
to vagra...@googlegroups.com
hello

on a fresh install you should see a pop-up that ruby is asking for permissions to add firewall access some networks (local/internet)

are you admin on the box?

can you cancel that, ensure there is not any unkown window open and try again?

you should get the typical firewall windows pop up as long you are not in a restricted setup where all is denied.

Alvaro.

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 8:21 PM, Andy Carey <gfeffo...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am working in the Udacity course "Linux Command Line Basics". I have installed Git, and am running it fine. I have installed virtual box from here for a windows host. And I have installed vagrant for a 64 bit OS. I got a VM configuration file (i have tried the one provided by the course, and the one downloaded from Vagrant). I navigatged to the directory i would be working in and typed in "vagrant up"... at that point my terminal stops producing anything. here is a screen shot of what i see - https://i.imgur.com/sMci4ik.png this has been like this since 9:00 AM CST today. Anybody have any suggestions?

IRC: #vagrant on Freenode
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vagrant-up/170512c6-3a9a-40d6-9f81-4de67db52862%40googlegroups.com.

Alvaro