VAST 9.2: No subparts after file in a visual part in composition editor

Klaus Breker

Dec 6, 2019, 9:58:28 AM12/6/19
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
Hallo,

I imported an application via file in into my new VAST 9.2 library. The view is a subclass of  #AbtAppBldrView and it runs fine if executed.
When I try to open this view class in the composition editor, I see only an empty window without all the labels, group boxes etc. The mehods #abtBuildInternals and all VisualAge methods on the class side are there.
What went wrong?

Kind regards
Klaus

Richard Sargent

Dec 6, 2019, 4:16:06 PM12/6/19
to VA Smalltalk
You need to generate the archival code for the class in the originating system and include that with the file-in. The Composition Editor saves stuff in the ENVY repository that the archival code allows you to regenerate. It is better to simply export the class and preserve all that data when you import it into the target system.

Klaus Breker

Dec 9, 2019, 2:37:44 AM12/9/19
to VA Smalltalk
Thank you Richard :-)