AbtDirectoryPrompter unfriendly behavior with shares

Wayne Johnston

Jan 4, 2021, 3:46:03 PM1/4/21
to VA Smalltalk
Running on Windows...

AbtFileSelectionPrompter/CwFileSelectionPrompter open up the system's file selection dialog, where I can peruse a UNC Share.

But AbtDirectoryPrompter brings up a dialog implemented in VAST.  I can type in a UNC Share path, and it's accepted if it's legal.  But I don't see a friendly way to peruse a Share.  Is there a solution?

Posting this partly since this forum appears idle since December 18, so I am seeing if it's just me...

Seth Berman

Jan 4, 2021, 5:42:31 PM1/4/21
to VA Smalltalk
Hi Wayne,

I think our support channel indicates that people are back from vacation starting today;)

I don't know the answer to your question, at the moment.  I do know a bit about UNC shares since I added specific code to support that for file redirection in the forthcoming OsProcess application, so I think it would be a feature that would explicitly need to be added.
I believe a native directly prompter for Windows is on our backlog, so I am happy to have a second look at it and see what it would take to have it implemented.

Happy New Year.

- Seth