9.2.2: SstSMTPCOmmuncations vs. SstSmtpCommunications

Joachim Tuchel

Jul 30, 2020, 4:05:14 AM7/30/20
to VA Smalltalk
This is just a little reminder for people migration from older VAST versions to 9.2.2 and who are using SMTP.

One of our Applications had SstSMTPCommunications as a prerequisite. I constantly got load errors because it wasn't loaded. Double and Triple Checking didn't get me anywhere: I had z.ST: Server Smalltalk (SST) - Amail (IMAP/SMTP) V 9.2.2 [002] loaded - and SstSmtpCommunications was loaded.

It took quite some head scratching until I realized the difference: the old SMTP Application is named SstSMTPCommunications, the new one is named SstSmtpCommunications. ;-)

Of course, none of you would ever fall into this trap....

Joachim

Seth Berman

Jul 30, 2020, 7:47:01 AM7/30/20
to VA Smalltalk
Hello Joachim,

I guess this is really for others a this point.
This is addressed in the migration guide:
https://www.instantiations.com/docs/922/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=mi/migr9103.html

"SMTP Capability in VAST has been completely revised and modernized. As a result, the legacy application, SstSMTPCommunications, has been renamed to SstSMTPCommunicationsObsolete and all classes in this application have been renamed slightly to avoid name collisions with the new SstSmtpCommunications"

- Seth

Joachim Tuchel

Jul 30, 2020, 8:22:25 AM7/30/20
to VA Smalltalk
Oh. I have read the Migration Guide, but obviously missed this one. This is embarassing...