[ANN] Running VA Smalltalk with Docker

Mariano Martinez Peck

Mar 4, 2019, 12:16:56 PM3/4/19
to VA Smalltalk
Hi,

We know that some of our customers are already using Docker [1] with VA Smalltalk and some other have at least wondered whether that was a real possibility or not.

With the idea of having a public place for you to take a look and submit examples, we have created this project [2]. This is just the starting point but the idea is to fill it with more examples with different configurations, OSs, base images, architectures, etc, etc.

So far there is a Seaside web application called SeasideTrafficLight [3] and currently it is compiled for ARM. We just thought it would be more fun to run Docker on a on a Raspberry Pi than on a typical Linux Desktop. But the later is obviously possible too.

You can also check the very interesting next steps [4] and you may even want to experiment with one of them ;)

BTW, thanks Norbert Schlemmer and Julian Maestri for your help!

Let us know if you have any comment.

Best regards,

--
Mariano Martinez Peck
Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.

Jan van de Sandt

Mar 4, 2019, 1:33:21 PM3/4/19
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
Great initiative. I'm going to try this out!

^#Jan

Mariano Martinez Peck

Mar 5, 2019, 10:09:22 AM3/5/19
to VA Smalltalk
On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 3:33 PM Jan van de Sandt <jvds...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great initiative. I'm going to try this out!

Excellent! Let us know if you need any help.  We would like to have more and more examples :)

Mariano Martinez Peck

May 6, 2019, 5:26:09 PM5/6/19
to VA Smalltalk
Hi guys,

Just wanted to share with your that I made a detailed post about getting started with Docker and Smalltalk:

Feedback is welcome,

--
Mariano Martinez Peck
Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.

Seth Berman

May 7, 2019, 12:52:33 PM5/7/19
to VA Smalltalk
This is an excellent post and we need more content like this for VA Smalltalk.
That's my feedback:)

Mariano Martinez Peck