Windows 10 Screen Scaling with GF/ST

thomas....@natural-software.eu

May 29, 2021, 11:14:35 AM5/29/21
to VAST Community Forum
Hi

We are using GF/ST to provide a graphical interface for our users.

We are having troubles on Windows Screen, when Scaling is != 100%. X & Y coordinates of mouse operations are not correct (If I manually factor in the screen scaling, everything seems to work again ;-) ).

I remember reading something about the screen DPI scaling that could be used in order to set the correct factors for GF/ST. Does anyone have a tip on where to look?

Thanks

Thomas

Mariano Martinez Peck

May 29, 2021, 11:22:49 AM5/29/21
to VA Smalltalk
Hi Thomas,

Could you please tell which exact version of VAST and Windows are you using?
Also...sorry for the newbie question but what is GF/ST?

Mariano Martinez Peck

Senior Software Engineer

 mp...@instantiations.com
 @MartinezPeck
 /mariano-martinez-peck
 instantiations.com
TwitterLinkedInVAST Community ForumGitHubYouTubepub.dev

thomas....@natural-software.eu

May 29, 2021, 11:25:54 AM5/29/21
to VAST Community Forum
Hi Mariano

We are using VAST 10.0.1 however the code has its origins in VA/Smalltalk 8.2 (And we did quite some "special" stuff in GF/ST ;-))

Mariano Martinez Peck

May 29, 2021, 11:36:00 AM5/29/21
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
I still need to know which Windows version and what it is "GF/ST"

thomas....@natural-software.eu

May 29, 2021, 11:52:21 AM5/29/21
to VAST Community Forum
I thought, it is a problem from our migrated code but the GF/ST demos have the same problem....
I am using a 4K graphics card with 4K monitor with 200% scaling running Windows 10 (20H2).

In VAST 10.0.1 32-bit  load the config maps.

GF/ST IBM/ST - Runtime
GF/ST IBM/ST
GF/ST Demo IBM/ST

Then Start
GFDemo->GFDemoLauncher

Start the "Drawing" Demo and the connectors are not aligned and it is easy to get draw errors - see the attached PNG

gfst_prob_2.JPG

Mariano Martinez Peck

May 29, 2021, 12:01:16 PM5/29/21
to VA Smalltalk
Hi Thomas,
Thanks for your report. I was able to reproduce it. I will create a support case on your behalf with this information and we will allocate engineering time to fix it.

Best,

thomas....@natural-software.eu

May 29, 2021, 12:03:05 PM5/29/21
to VAST Community Forum