Imap and SchemeRegistry class variable in SstUrl

Louis LaBrunda

Mar 18, 2021, 5:10:33 PM3/18/21
to VAST Community Forum
Hi All,

I have converted an old program to use the imap email stuff.  The program runs well in the development environment but the runtime image gets a walkback.  The SstUrl class variable SchemeRegistry doesn't have an entry for imapsl.  I expect I have to get it initialized some how but I don't know how.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Lou

Seth Berman

Mar 18, 2021, 5:18:23 PM3/18/21
to VAST Community Forum
Hi Lou,

Let me know what would happen if you defined the following and then packaged

SstImap4SslCommunications class>>packagingRulesFor: aRuleCollector

aRuleCollector doNotReduceSubApplicationNamed: #SstImap4SslCommunications

- Seth

Louis LaBrunda

Mar 18, 2021, 5:29:04 PM3/18/21
to VAST Community Forum
Hi Seth,

Should I add it to SstImap4SslCommunications class or can I add it to my application class?

Lou

Louis LaBrunda

Mar 18, 2021, 5:36:23 PM3/18/21
to VAST Community Forum
Hi Seth,

I added it to my application's class and that fixed it.  Thanks.

Lou

P.S.  Looking at the included classes and methods, it didn't seem like anything was missing but it worked...

Seth Berman

Mar 18, 2021, 5:43:11 PM3/18/21
to VAST Community Forum
Hi Lou,

Thanks for verifying that.  I see SMTP/SSL has the packaging instructions, but not IMAP/SSL.
I will get it fixed up for the 10.0.1 patch.

- Seth

Seth Berman

Mar 18, 2021, 5:46:58 PM3/18/21
to VAST Community Forum
"Looking at the included classes and methods, it didn't seem like anything was missing but it worked..."
- Yeah, there is some indirection where defined classes are being checked if they include a method very reflectively and if so, the registration will happen.
  This has always been problematic when doing package reduction.  That's why I tend to have the doNotReduceSubApplicationNamed:
  rules because the pain is not worth the payoff.  This is yet another example.

Thanks again for reporting.

- Seth