ECAP Release Now Available for VAST Platform 2021

Mariano Martinez Peck

Nov 13, 2020, 8:42:32 AM11/13/20
to VA Smalltalk
Greetings All,

We're happy to announce our first ECAP (Early Customer Access Program) release of the upcoming VAST Platform 2021:

https://mailchi.mp/instantiations/ecap-release-now-available-for-vast-platform-2021

Note that ECAPs are a unique opportunity for you to test your projects, our new frameworks, etc., plus give feedback and report problems *before* the next release occurs.

This pre-release build of VAST has many new fixes and enhancements, so I recommend reviewing the whole changelog:

https://www.instantiations.com/ecap/_CHANGELOG.txt

Finally, if you want to be the first to know about these kinds of announcements in the future, follow us on our social channels or subscribe to our emails at:

https://www.instantiations.com/subscribe/

Best regards,

--
Mariano Martinez Peck
Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.

Adriaan van Os

Nov 13, 2020, 10:03:08 AM11/13/20
to VA Smalltalk
Congrats y'all.

That list of changes is loooooooooooooooooooong...... :-)

Joachim Tuchel

Nov 13, 2020, 10:29:36 AM11/13/20
to VA Smalltalk
Seems you guys never slow down. An impressive list and a few fine features in the pipeline.
I Hope to find the time to test soon.

Mariano Martinez Peck

Nov 13, 2020, 1:37:40 PM11/13/20
to VA Smalltalk
We were not kidding when we said " This pre-release build of VAST has *many new fixes and enhancements* "     :)
Enjoy it!

Wayne Johnston

Nov 15, 2020, 4:33:45 PM11/15/20
to VA Smalltalk
Could I suggest a AbtConverter subclass which validates against a regular expression (#matchesRegexIgnoringCase: / #matchesRegex:)?  My colleague wrote one but it would seem useful to the world.

Richard Sargent

Nov 16, 2020, 4:06:26 PM11/16/20
to VA Smalltalk
Excellent work, guys.

One thing I don't see is moving the logic from StdDebugger to DbgDebugSession, so the session properly determines functionality and the UI only determines the presentation. That would allow us to eliminate the copy of some GBS code in your code base.

Seth Berman

Nov 16, 2020, 4:19:41 PM11/16/20
to VA Smalltalk
Hi Richard,

Thank you for the feedback.  The item was discussed, but the team looked at it and decided it was not something that would be addressed for VAST 2021.
We can revisit for a subsequent release.

- Seth