[Ann] ESUG 2019 in Cologne, Germany

Seth Berman

May 22, 2019, 9:35:31 AM5/22/19
to VA Smalltalk
Posted on behalf of the ESUG board:

The ESUG board is pleased to announce that the 27th ESUG conference/summer-school will be held in
Cologne, Germany 26-30 August 2019 (with Camp Smalltalk 24/25).
The conference is co-organised by ZWEIDENKER.

ESUG Conference 2019

Norbert Schlemmer

Jul 6, 2019, 3:21:28 AM7/6/19
to VA Smalltalk
Hello
is there a preferred hotel for the "Camp Smalltalk 24/25" ?
Thanks
Norbert

Joachim Tuchel

Jul 7, 2019, 5:33:17 AM7/7/19
to va-sma...@googlegroups.com
Norbert,

dunno. I won't make it for the Camp, unfortunatley.
ESUG has a link to HRS which shows all hotels sorted by distace from the venue. I have been staying at the Lindner Hotel City Plaza (too expensive for me this time) and can recommend it. I've heard of a few of us staying at the Motel one. If you'd like to have a pool and sauna in the evenings, I can recommend the Maurittius Hotel & Therme. The rooms aren't really great and you may have bad luck and hav loud water cleaning or heating in front of your room, but other than that, it is nice.
I also know the ibis koeln city center, which is a typical ibis, good to reach, nothing spectacular.
If you'd like a spectacular breakfast, I can recommend the Cerano Hotel Köln City at Elisenstraße.

Looking forward to meeting you in Köln!

HTH

Joachim

Mariano Martinez Peck

Jul 8, 2019, 10:05:05 AM7/8/19
to VA Smalltalk
Hi guys,

Instantiations crew will be staying at Linder Hotel. I have friends staying in Pullman Cologne which is just 2 blocks from Linder. Both are walking distance from the venue. I have others friends attending but don't know where they will be staying. Will let you know when I know those too.

Looking forward to see you all,

Best,

On Sun, Jul 7, 2019 at 6:33 AM Joachim Tuchel <jtu...@objektfabrik.de> wrote:
Norbert,

dunno. ESUG has a link to HRS which shows all hotels sorted by distace from the venue. I have been staying at the Lindner Hotel City Plaza (too expensive for me this time) and can recommend it. I've heard of a few of us staying at the Motel one. If you'd like to have a pool and sauna in the evenings, I can recommend the Maurittius Hotel & Therme. The rooms aren't really great and you may have bad luck and hav loud water cleaning or heating in front of your room, but other than that, it is nice.

Mariano Martinez Peck
Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.

Norbert Schlemmer

Jul 8, 2019, 9:17:57 PM7/8/19