Functionality of the QA Code Critic in the QA Code Formatter

Niklas Fleig

Nov 25, 2020, 10:31:58 AM11/25/20
to VA Smalltalk
Hallo all,
So I was wondering the QA Code Critic can detect for example unnecessary parenthese or missing cascades, is there a way to format them via the QA Code Formatter. Maybe with some custom formatting rules?
And if so, how can I implement them?

So for example this method:
should be formatted like this:

Niklas Fleig

Nov 25, 2020, 10:38:32 AM11/25/20
to VA Smalltalk
Sorry here is the example:

self testMethod.
self testMethod.
self testMethod.
self testMethod.
(self testMethod).

should be formatted like this:

self
        testMethod;
testMethod;
testMethod;
testMethod;
testMethod;
yourself

Mariano Martinez Peck

Nov 27, 2020, 10:07:12 AM11/27/20
to VA Smalltalk
Hi Niklas,

In my opinion, that is more of a refactor than a formatting issue. You may want to look at the Refactoring Browser and things like the rewrite rules for that... but I am not even sure if that will help you. See attached examples for that.

Cheers,

Mariano Martinez Peck
Software Engineer, Instantiations Inc.
Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 11.56.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 12.04.37 PM.png