Packaging Seaside for Raspberry

Louis LaBrunda

Sep 20, 2020, 5:07:39 PM9/20/20
to VA Smalltalk
Hi All,

I have objects that have methods that are not explicitly called.  They are called from Seaside components with elements that are connected to the methods with #on:of: method calls.  I have added #packagerIncludeMethods that answers the
method names but that doesn't seem to work.  Any ideas?  What am I missing?

Lou

Joachim Tuchel

Sep 21, 2020, 3:00:03 AM9/21/20
to VA Smalltalk
Lou

The brute force method I am using these days is to mark complete apps as "do not reduce". Works well and at least for our images, it doesn't really increase the image size a lot.
The plus side: no more fiddling once you introduce new such methods. Only if you add new Apps.

HTH

Joachim

Louis LaBrunda

Sep 21, 2020, 9:12:24 AM9/21/20
to VA Smalltalk
Hi Joachim,

That sounds good.  Thanks.  Exactly how does one do that?

Lou

Joachim Tuchel

Sep 22, 2020, 2:45:21 AM9/22/20
to VA Smalltalk
Hi Lou,

I am packaging a headless server image (XD Packaging) so I do it via the Packaged Image Browser, and add these entries to the Packaging Instruction using the menus there.
But you can also implement a class method on your Application, Look at this example from AbtXmlSchemaSupportApp class>>#packagingRulesFor:

packagingRulesFor: aPackagedImage
    "Classes in this application can be created dynamically via an XML file.  Therefore, do not reduce the contents of this
    application "

    aPackagedImage doNotReduceSubApplicationNamed: self symbol

I guess this says it all.

Joachim

Louis LaBrunda

Sep 22, 2020, 9:38:37 AM9/22/20
to VA Smalltalk
Hi Joachim ,

I knew this.  I have been away from Seaside packaging for awhile and I'm getting old.  I have a list of apps to package and I am running that list and telling the packager not to reduce them.  I had added a new app and forgot all about adding it to the list.

Thanks for refreshing my memory.

Lou

Joachim Tuchel

Sep 22, 2020, 10:26:06 AM9/22/20
to VA Smalltalk
Lou,

I am glad I could help. Normally I just ask silly questios ;-)

Joachim