How to read and write local files?

Stefan Wörthmüller

Mar 28, 2020, 1:41:50 PM3/28/20
to v8-users

Hello

we embedded v8 into our Windows Application.
Now we would like to read and write files (i.e. json or text files) for any purpose.

Is that possible with v8?
Can somebody maybe provide a sample?

Regards

Elangovan S

Mar 28, 2020, 1:50:00 PM3/28/20
to v8-u...@googlegroups.com
You can write your own wrapper and expose it to JavaScript. That's the way we do in our application. You can write class/function and register it with v8 engine.

-elangovv

Jakob Kummerow

Mar 29, 2020, 12:26:54 PM3/29/20
to v8-users
The "Read" and "Load" functions in the sample shell provide simple examples of how to interact with files.

Stefan Wörthmüller

Jakob Kummerow

Mar 30, 2020, 7:47:10 AM3/30/20
to v8-users
If it were built into the core V8 library, that would be an ECMAScript spec violation, so it's built into the official samples ;-)

Stefan Wörthmüller

Mar 30, 2020, 7:54:56 AM3/30/20
to v8-users
Oh - thats a clear explanation - thanks.