how to run v8 in debug mode so I can use the %DebugPrint

杨亮

Aug 15, 2019, 9:26:08 AM8/15/19
to v8-users
    hi,I want to know how I can run d8 in debug mode so I can use %DebugPrint command,I can just get one line output info,seems I need run d8 in the debug mode ?

Rodolph Perfetta

Aug 15, 2019, 10:38:07 AM8/15/19
to v8-users
To be able to use native functions starting with % such as %DebugPrint you need to pass --allow-natives-syntax to d8 on the command line.

Cheers,
Rodolph

On Thu, 15 Aug 2019 at 09:26, 杨亮 <yanglian...@bytedance.com> wrote:
    hi,I want to know how I can run d8 in debug mode so I can use %DebugPrint command,I can just get one line output info,seems I need run d8 in the debug mode ?

杨亮

Rodolph Perfetta

Aug 16, 2019, 1:15:14 AM8/16/19
to v8-users
They probably meant you need to build d8 in debug mode. more info here: https://v8.dev/docs/build

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/v8-users/5c6a92d3-3d7c-4101-84b3-387de584058f%40googlegroups.com.

杨亮

Aug 16, 2019, 2:14:06 AM8/16/19
to v8-users
The doc says to build v8 with tools/dev/gm.py x64.release, so is that mean I should build the debug mode d8 with tools/dev/gm.py x64.debug ? Im not very shall how to build the v8 in debug mode. Very thanks man!

On Friday, August 16, 2019 at 1:15:14 PM UTC+8, Rodolph Perfetta wrote:
They probably meant you need to build d8 in debug mode. more info here: https://v8.dev/docs/build

Simon Zünd

Aug 16, 2019, 2:20:56 AM8/16/19
to v8-users
Yes, building V8 with {tools/dev/gm.py x64.debug} will configure a debug build of V8. Please note that gm.py is just a convenience wrapper. The source of truth for a build configuration can always be found in the {args.gn} file of the respective build. In your case this should be {out/x64.debug/args.gn}, which will contain a line {is_debug = true}.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/v8-users/10fc3bff-e340-458c-8235-b73de897b3cf%40googlegroups.com.
Message has been deleted