Nigerian invents new model of electric motor

kol...@uoguelph.ca

Jun 14, 2007, 1:20:48 AM6/14/07
to USAAfric...@googlegroups.com

The Guardian Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Nigerian invents new model of electric motor
From Oghogho Obayuwana, Abuja

WITH the invented device known as Emagnetodynamics, a Nigerian, Dr. Ezekiel Izuogu, has yet again recorded a scientific breakthrough in the field of electronic motor.
The equipment, if engaged, could be the solution to the constant energy crisis needs in the country and also earn foreign exchange when eventually patented by the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) in Geneva.

Also referred to as "the self sustaining machine", when finally built, is expected to facilitate the manufacture of electric cars and also power computers, television sets, fans, air-conditioners, among others. For now, however, it is non-self sustaining.

Izuogu, while demonstrating the machine with the aid of several interconnected batteries to journalists at weekend in Abuja, noted: "The machine, which we have designed to work without current... I have called it the new machine-like electric motor and could someday replace the electric motor in most devices".

Flanked by some Nigerian professors of physics and emeritus research fellows, among whom were Prof. Johnson Ejimaya and Isaac Ake-Okoro of the University of Nigeria (UNN), Izuogu said: "We have designed and built the non-self sustaining new machine. It is called non-self sustaining because it runs off batteries or electricity source...The first new machine, which I constructed, spun on May 5, 1982 at 9.50 p.m. Nigerian time. That tells you that since then, I must have built and dismantled over 100 such machines in the past 25 years.

Izuogu's Emagnetodynamics, said to be a new era of physics, has led to the proposition of two laws of magnetism. That:

  • A suspended composite magnetic pole will rotate in certain directions if placed in the vicinity of an array of magnets like poles; and
  • The direction of rotation is that of the composite polarity similar to the array.

Maintaining that these two laws can be easily verified in any physics laboratory, Izuogu said in Abuja that the new machine makes 500 revolutions per minute.
The inventor spoke further: "Those who are familiar with the operation of the electric motor know that all electric motors work on the principle discovered by the great scientist, Michael Faraday, nearly 200 years ago, namely that force is exerted on a current-carrying conductor in a magnetic field...

This makes the presence of electric current, either from an electricity main's source or a battery a must for any electric motor to function. The importance of Emagnetodynamics is that the all-important electric current is eliminated and we now use the interaction of magnetic poles to provide the torque that powers the motor. This means that the Emagnetodynamics, which we have designed works without current".

Asked whether his machine has been demonstrated at an international forum, Izuogu replied: "If it worked in Australia, then Abuja will be international... This, therefore, is the first international forum where we are presenting the invention for the public beyond the scrutiny of scientists which we have been doing and testing".

He added: "So we believe that in this new era, charity must begin from home... But for the avoidance of doubt, the WIPO in Geneva has acknowledged our application for the grant of an international patent on the Emagnetodynamics new machine types. We have the patent pending status for the ownership of this intellectual property (IP)."

--
F. J. Kolapo, Ph.D. * History Department *  University of Guelph *  Ontario *.
Canada* N1G 2W1* Phone:519/824.4120 ex.53212  Fax: 519.766.9516*

Josen Richmond Dong

Jul 11, 2022, 5:27:58 AM7/11/22
to USA Africa Dialogue Series
Hi guys!!!
You are welcome to  An Electric Motros Google Groups, Let's discuss motor technology and products together. For more information you can vist: https://groups.google.com/g/electric-motros  to learn more.  Electric Motor Technology for AC motors, DC motors, Brushless motors, Brushless DC motors, DC Servo motors, Brushless motor rivers, DC Brushless motor drivers, DC servo motor drivers,brushless motor controllers, DC Brush motor controller, DC servo motor controller, Realize the combination of brushless motor, DC brushless motor, DC servo motor and Brushless motor Controller, DC brushless motor controller, DC servo motor Controller, PM Stepper Motor, PM Gear Motor, PM Linear Stepper Motor, Mini DC Motor, DC Gear Motor, Motor housing, Motor case. to share there.