Racism at Ukraine;s borders?

Mohamed Mbodj

Feb 27, 2022, 5:30:48 PM2/27/22
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
This from The Independent

Mohamed Mbodj
Professor, History & Black Studies,
Division of Historical, Philosophical & Political Sciences
Manhattanville College

This e-mail transmission is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the recipient of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete the e-mail and destroy any copies of it. Thank you.

Toyin Falola

Feb 28, 2022, 4:30:22 AM2/28/22
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

Great Mohamed:

Notice the use of  “Europeans”, as in Ukranians are not Afghan, not Iraqi. One of the miscalculations by  Putin is to assume that Ukranians are like Africans,  outside of History, in the margins. How many protested the attack on Libya by France and the US?

Notice, too, the ambiguous use of the word “people” framed as citizens in the center. To Putin, I want my people back. No, they are not Slavs, they are Europeans.

Only a few can understand the various codes.

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Cornelius Hamelberg

Feb 28, 2022, 4:30:22 AM2/28/22
to USAAfric...@googlegroups.com

It’s no surprise that Africans are in trouble at the Ukraine- Poland border…

But this is impressive :

image.png