Rethinking Academic Publishing in an Age of Open Collaboration : We're making the Cambridge Open Engage roadmap public

Oluwatoyin Vincent Adepoju

Dec 1, 2019, 7:04:05 AM12/1/19
to usaafricadialogue

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Cambridge University Press <newsl...@updates.cambridge.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 at 14:01
Subject: We're making the Cambridge Open Engage roadmap public
To: <toyin....@gmail.com>

Find out why we're making the Cambridge Open Engage roadmap public...

Cambridge University Press
                          Click here for an online version   Forward to a Friend

We're making the roadmap for Cambridge Open Engage public. Here's the full story:

What is Cambridge Open Engage?

Cambridge Open Engage is the early research platform from Cambridge University Press. Its purpose is to offer researchers a home for their early research prior to publication in academic journals, as well as providing an online space and resources for them to connect with their community, collaborate with their peers, & rapidly disseminate their work.

Why co-creation and making the roadmap public?

Over the last few years it has become common for tech-focused organisations to share their product roadmaps publicly and welcome feedback from their customers/users. Organisations at the forefront of technology development such as Monzo, Trello, Slack, etc, have all used publicly available roadmaps to share how they are prioritising new features. The technique of making a roadmap public has established itself as an important part of the development process, and combined with other initiatives like creating a co-creation panel of researchers and running detailed customer surveys, it’s a powerful way to connect with customers.

Why will this help?

Taking an analytics-based approach to assist the decision-making process can help organisations make more progress in a shorter space of time, and when taking an analytical approach the larger the dataset the more reliable the conclusions. Opening up the roadmap to a larger audience increases the transparency of the development process and will help us deliver a truly valuable open platform.

How can I contribute?

We are still recruiting for our co-creation panel of researchers. If you are interested in joining the panel please register here.  You can also let us know your thoughts by completing this survey.

What's the best way to keep updated about Cambridge Open Engage?

Feel free to sign up for email updates here.

You have been sent this email because you are currently registered to receive information from Cambridge University Press or have expressed an interest in similar products and services from Cambridge University Press in the past. Your privacy is important to us. We strive to ensure the way we collect, store and use your information respects your privacy rights. For further information see our full Privacy Notice
Cambridge University Press
Any discount offered is valid for orders made via the website or by calling customer services only. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount [and is not available to trade customers].

© Cambridge University Press, University Printing House, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge, CB2 8BS
 Unsubscribe  |  Contact us