Fwd: Claude Lévi-Strauss (1908-2009)

1 view

Oluwatoyin Vincent Adepoju

Oct 31, 2019, 9:18:28 AM10/31/19
to usaafricadialogue

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: The UNESCO Courier <cou...@unesco.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 at 16:00
Subject: Claude Lévi-Strauss (1908-2009)
To: <toyin....@googlemail.com>

Ten years ago, on 30 October 2009, the French anthropologist Claude Lévi-Strauss, one of the greatest figures of our time, passed away.

Terms and conditions                                    View this email in your browser

The UNESCO Courier | 30 October 2019

Claude Lévi-Strauss
1908 - 2009

Ten years ago, on 30 October 2009, the French anthropologist Claude Lévi-Strauss, one of the greatest figures of our time, passed away. The UNESCO Courier pays tribute to its faithful collaborator, and invites you to read a selection of his articles. Most of them were published in the 1950s and were later included in our issue Claude Lévi-Strauss : the view from afar, on the occasion of his 100th birthday, in 2008.

Just published
Claude Lévi-Strauss The man The work His legacy
under the direction of Nicolas Journet and Jasmina Šopova
published by Sciences Humaines, in partnership with UNESCO
Find previous issues

Follow the Hashtag #UNESCOCourier

Twitter
Facebook
Website
Since its creation in 1948, the UNESCO Courier has been spreading an ideal throughout the world: humanity united in its diversity around universal values and fundamental rights, strong in the wealth of its cultures, knowledge and accomplishments

The UNESCO Courier
7 place de Fontenoy, 75007 Paris, France
cou...@unesco.org

You can subscribeupdate your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Emmanuel Babatunde

Nov 2, 2019, 11:41:45 AM11/2/19
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Oluwatoyin,

Thank you for bringing back the contributions of Claude Levi Staruss to the present. As a student of Anthropology at Oxford, I had to read his interesting articles on structuralism, and his distinctions through taxonomies of right and left etc.

Your reference will provide me with a refreshing re-reading.  I have taken up some CODESRA Doctoral Student Mentees from Nigeria and the Cameroon.  I am billed to take another from Uganda. Check out how to to be part of this experience since you are so gifted and thorough,

Thanks,

Dr. Babatunde

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Emmanuel D. Babatunde, Ph.D (Lon), D.Phil (Oxon)
Professor and Chair
Department of Sociology & Anthropology
Senior Fulbright Scholar
Lincoln University
Pennsylvania, USA
(484) 365-7545

Oluwatoyin Vincent Adepoju

Nov 3, 2019, 4:26:33 AM11/3/19
to usaafricadialogue, Emmanuel Babatunde
Great thanks, prof. Babantude.

May I be gifted and thorough.

toyin