Kidnap of oil workers in Lagos: Family of victims weep, besiege company office - Vanguard News

Oyeniyi Bukola Adeyemi

Jun 30, 2023, 9:22:57 AM6/30/23
to USAAfricaDialogue
Now that the elections are over, one expects this spate of kidnapping and killings to end, but, as I noted last week, the policies of the new government are such that those in the business of milking Nigeria to the bones must make the country ungovernable for the new government.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/kidnap-of-oil-workers-in-lagos-family-of-victims-weep-besiege-company-office/

Folami Kolade

Jun 30, 2023, 10:11:59 AM6/30/23
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Sir, you only creating an alibi for the emerging  failure of a president called Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
In Nigeria,  "after God nah government " according to street singer Portable Omo olalomi.

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Oyeniyi Bukola Adeyemi

Jun 30, 2023, 10:20:32 AM6/30/23
to USAAfricaDialogue
Ok. I am not sure I am educated enough to understand how this is Tinubu's failure.

I am well aware that to many Nigerians, there must have been a switch for development, good governance, and those ideals that we want from our government, which our elected leaders refused to turn on for their selfish reasons.

Please, educate me on how this is a Tinubu's failure.

OBA

Folami Kolade

Jun 30, 2023, 10:47:35 AM6/30/23
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
It is failure because he is aware of the problems of Nigeria and he applied for the job. And all security architecture is in his hands.

If kidnapping, banditry and insecurity persists after his 30 days in office, Tinubu is the reason.  Very simple.

Nobody on the Nigeria soil is more powerful than Tinubu at the moment.  Nobody.

Adeshina Afolayan

Jun 30, 2023, 5:51:29 PM6/30/23
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
You know, governance is a switchboard. You simply move some plugs here and there, and poof...banditry, kidnapping and insecurity disappears.

Buhari and others couldn't do it because the swtiches have rusted.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Oyeniyi Bukola Adeyemi

Jul 1, 2023, 5:32:06 AM7/1/23
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Exactly. To many Nigerians, it is not just that their switches were rusted, they were also wicked.
OBA

Bukola A. Oyeniyi

Missouri State University

College of Humanities and Public Affairs

History Department

Room 440, Strong Hall,

901 S. National Avenue

Springfield, MO  65897

Email: oyen...@gmail.com

Folami Kolade

Jul 1, 2023, 9:32:26 AM7/1/23
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
In that case, let us wait and see.

Ayoola Tokunbo

Jul 1, 2023, 9:32:26 AM7/1/23
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Too early to blame him for the present insecurity in the land. We are not in a tea party situation.
It is so easy to sit in front of a laptop and type away ill-digested solutions for the problems in Nigeria.
Talk is cheap.