Africa-China-Taiwan and a forthcoming book on Jerry Rawlings

Sabella

Aug 3, 2022, 4:06:34 AM8/3/22
to USA Africa Dialogue Series

Dear Colleagues,

Good greetings. This is just to inform you that the second of the three books on Africa-China-Taiwan Relations is out. The flyer is attached. The first of the three books was released by Springer in Fall 2022. We are also excited that our book on Rawlings – Jerry John Rawlings: Leadership and Legacy: A Pan-African Perspective -- is scheduled to be released in October 2022.

Stay safe, stay well, and have a wonderful week.

Sabella

Abidde Flyer Africa China Taiwan.pdf

Nimi Wariboko

Aug 3, 2022, 6:26:33 AM8/3/22
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations, Sabella.

Nimi Wariboko

On Aug 3, 2022, at 4:08 AM, Sabella <sab...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin
Abidde Flyer Africa China Taiwan.pdf

Sabella Abidde

Aug 4, 2022, 8:47:14 AM8/4/22
to USA Africa Dialogue Series

Good greetings Brother Nimi,

Thanks for the felicitation. I appreciate it.

Cordially,

Sabella

Oluwatoyin Adepoju

Aug 5, 2022, 1:19:52 PM8/5/22
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Very great congrats

Sabella Abidde

Aug 5, 2022, 4:32:10 PM8/5/22
to USA Africa Dialogue Series
Thank you so very much.
Sabella

Akinloye Ojo

Aug 5, 2022, 11:53:01 PM8/5/22
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations on the publication, Brother Sabella. Looking forward to the book on Rawlings in October.
regards
AO

Gloria Emeagwali

Aug 5, 2022, 11:53:01 PM8/5/22
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Congrats! I look forward to the  book on Gadaffi too.

GE

Sabella Abidde

Aug 6, 2022, 12:19:17 AM8/6/22
to USA Africa Dialogue Series
Thanks, brother Akinloye. The book on Rawlings -- some 22 chapters in all -- covers "everything Rawlings" and some aspects of civil-military relations on the continent.
All the best,
Sabella

On Fri, Aug 5, 2022 at 11:13 PM Sabella Abidde <sab...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, Prof. Oh yes, on Rawlings, Sankara, Gaddafi, and Nasser. That will be immediately after the stand-alone book on Rawlings.
Sabella

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "USA Africa Dialogue Series" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/usaafricadialogue/CAAwwaEbVD_Mi-T%2BVoNQ4c73C%2BBXrwUvPjnqDVZKPW4yH5SL3hw%40mail.gmail.com.

Sabella Abidde

Michael Afolayan

Aug 6, 2022, 8:41:57 AM8/6/22
to USA Africa Dialogue Series
Congratulations, Sabella, I look forward to reading anything about this great patriot, a rare and invigorating figure in Africa's bruised politics. May his legacy outlive his name!

MOA

Sabella Abidde

Aug 6, 2022, 11:40:09 PM8/6/22
to USA Africa Dialogue Series

Thanks, MOA. I appreciate it. While Jerry Rawlings is at the center of the book in terms of his biography and role and place within Ghana/African politics, we also looked at civil-military relations and political leadership on the continent. Dr. Felix Kumah-Abiwu is the lead editor for Book #1, while I lead Book #2 on Rawlings, Sankara, and co.

Regards,

Sabella