Ademola Araoye

Jan 31, 2020, 5:17:06 PM1/31/20
to Toyin Falola, yorubaaffa...@googlegroups.com, USAAfric...@googlegroups.com
Alagba Ojogbon,
Thanks for the rumination on this sad development. However the sadder dimension is the inability of Africa and black humanity to rouse itself from its historic deleterious fixations despite our mile long academic laurels. How come we are caught unawares in an era of rising nationalisms and the ascendance of realism such that apart from mouthing irrelevant convenient conceptual palliatives, Africa has done nothing realistic to prepare for this predictable sad day.
If Africa does not wake up to the fact that it has no chance in a million given its extant structural configuration, then sadder days lie ahead and that would be worse than what we have been through so far.
May be Africa needs to get more serious about deploying its brain power overflowing in the  Diaspora in navigating the way forward.
Eku ise ilu,
Ademola Araoye.