Supreme Leader Soliloquy (Poem)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM, CDOA

Oct 7, 2024, 9:39:11 PMOct 7

From the comfort

And rape their unworthy mothers.

I fabricate fantasies
Of fantastic rewards
In phantom paradise.

The monster I created
Will catch me
And devour me,
I cannot run from my shadow.

(Poem presented as social service, all rights reserved)

--
Chidi Anthony Opara is a Poet, Institute Of Information Management Professional Fellow, MIT Chief Data Officer Ambassador and Editorial Adviser at News Updates(https://updatesonnews.substack.com)

He is a recipient of International Award/Recognition For Excellence In Data And Information Management, with 253 mentions on Academia(academia.edu)as at July 22nd, 2024.

More about him here: https://independent.academia.edu/ChidiAnthonyOpara

Michael Afolayan

Oct 8, 2024, 5:19:18 AMOct 8
to USA African Dialogue Series
Beautiful lines, as always. Great inspiration. You painted the wall of the heartless super-beast who derives joy in being splattered with the blood babies, mothers and the aged, toothless elders.

But here is my question for you, Chidi: Isn't there another monster on the other side of the inferno? I can't wait to hear you give him a touch-up on the canvas of malevolence. I'm reminded of the ancient (was it Assyrian) king who bragged that he built a gate before his enemies' city; slew one out of two, and from their cries he found joy and spread their skins at the gate of the city.

Just thinking along with you, my friend!

MOA

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Ayotunde Bewaji

Oct 8, 2024, 5:19:18 AMOct 8
to USA African Dialogue Series
Inline image

Dr. John Ayotunde (Tunde) Isola BEWAJI, FNAL
Emeritus Professor of Philosophy, University of the West Indies
BA, MA, PhD Philosophy, PGDE, MA Distance Education
Postgraduate Certificate in Philosophy for Children
Former Visiting Research Fellow, Rhodes University Center for African Studies, Rhodes University, South Africa
Distinguished Researcher, PJ Patterson Institute for Africa Caribbean Advocacy, University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Jamaica
Member, CODESRIA College of Mentors
Founding President, Academy of African Indigenous Religions, Theology and Arts - AAIRTA
Former Professorial Fellow and Distinguished Lecturer, National Open University of Nigeria, Abuja, Nigeria
Former Senior Research Associate, University of Johannesburg, Republic of South Africa
Former Caribbean Exchange Scholar, Hunter College - CUNY, New York
Former Jay Newman Visiting Professor of Philosophy, Brooklyn College - CUNY
Former Guggenheim Research Fellow in Philosophy of Culture
Former People to People Philosophy Ambassador to Russia and Hungary
Former Chair, National Bioethics Commission of Jamaica (UNESCO)
Mailing Address:
PJ Patterson Institute for Africa Caribbean Advocacy, University of the West Indies, Mona Campus, Jamaica
Tel:   +18768051909
Email: tunde...@yahoo.com (alternate)
           johnayotu...@gmail.com (alternate)
           john....@uwimona.edu.jm (alternate)
Books include:
http://www.cap-press.com/books/isbn/9781611630879/Narratives-of-Struggle (2012)
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Aesthetics (2012)
https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780739185032/Ontologized-Ethics (2013)
https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781498518383/The-Rule-of-Law-and-Governance-in-Indigenous-Yoruba-Society-A-Study-in-African-Philosophy-of-Law (2016)
http://www.cambridgescholars.com/the-humanities-and-the-dynamics-of-african-culture-in-the-21st-century (2017)
https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781498598132/Identity-Re-creation-in-Global-African-Encounters (2019)
https://epub.uni-bayreuth.de/5358/1/WP25-AMc-2-Bewaji-Diaspora-2021.pdf
https://youtu.be/xkq1XPSMHTs
https://rowman.com/ISBN/9781666905830/Fragmented-Identities-of-Nigeria-Sociopolitical-and-Economic-Crises#:~:text=%22Fragmented%20Identities%20of%20Nigeria%20offers,the%20different%20segments%20of%20the (2022)

Oluwatoyin Adepoju

Oct 8, 2024, 5:19:19 AMOct 8
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

Beautiful

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM, CDOA

Oct 8, 2024, 5:53:52 AMOct 8
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Michael,

I am aware and hoping that mother muse will soon supply the lines.

Thanks for appreciating, thanks too Oluwatoyin.

-CAO
To post to this group, send an email to USAAfricaDialogue@googlegroups.com
Current archives at http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
Early archives at http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "USA Africa Dialogue Series" group.

Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Cornelius Hamelberg

Oct 8, 2024, 6:43:12 PMOct 8
to USA Africa Dialogue Series
Chidi,

What you have written is REPREHENSIBLE

After you digest Wilayat e Faqih

Maybe you won’t send your soliloquy

For early publication at The Babylon Bee

We understand that you are probably a member of PEN International, but you don’t seem to realise that Membership of PEN does not automatically confer immunity from being dispatched to join Muhammad's Dead Poets Society where you could rest in peace eternally

The peace of the brave

Not the peace of the grave

  • Chairman Arafat used to say

This is proof of the bravery of the foolhardy. Clearly, “Fools rush in where angels fear to tread” does not apply to everybody, certainly not to Chidi Antony who either has the Chi, the gall or the gumption and not lacking in any of the three is not afraid of making fun of even The Supreme Leader - for fear of someone putting out a contract on him or a Salman Rushdie fatwa being passed on his head.

Chidi knows that if an Iranian comedian like Omid Djalili (who likes making fun of Nigerian accents) makes fun of the average Owerri Motor Park Poet he’s probably going to say exactly what this Nigerian says here in Comedy Sketch: Mr. Djalili's Funny Encounter in Nigeria : “ Your whole manner is racist ! Nobody makes fun of me ! I’m going to teach you a lesson ! “

So as not to waste ink or spittle, other news:

WorldNetDaily‎

1819 News

Ipsos Poll: Trump Trims Harris' National Lead to 3

Michael Afolayan

Oct 8, 2024, 6:43:12 PMOct 8
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Chidi: I invite you to check the Muse spirit of the Yoruba up. He is called "Orunmila, the small man with the stomach/belly full of wisdom; he who inspires one with wisdom even more than blood relatives; the chronicler of the ancient kingdom." I'm not his adherent but folks think he inspires.

MOA
(Just helping out a friend) Emoji

--
Chidi Anthony Opara is a Poet, Institute Of Information Management Professional Fellow, MIT Chief Data Officer Ambassador and Editorial Adviser at News Updates(https://updatesonnews.substack.com)

He is a recipient of International Award/Recognition For Excellence In Data And Information Management, with 253 mentions on Academia(academia.edu)as at July 22nd, 2024.

More about him here: https://independent.academia.edu/ChidiAnthonyOpara

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM, CDOA

Oct 9, 2024, 4:11:24 AMOct 9
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Mazi Cornelius,

So highlighting what is happening in writing is "reprehensible"?

-CAO
--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Cornelius Hamelberg

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM, CDOA

Oct 9, 2024, 7:46:19 AMOct 9
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Mazi Cornelius,

The truth doesn't have to be tailored to what you want.

Have a nice day.

-CAO.

What is happening ?

Current archives at http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
Early archives at http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "USA Africa Dialogue Series" group.

Chidi Anthony Opara is a Poet, Institute Of Information Management Professional Fellow, MIT Chief Data Officer Ambassador and Editorial Adviser at News Updates(https://updatesonnews.substack.com)

He is a recipient of International Award/Recognition For Excellence In Data And Information Management, with 253 mentions on Academia(academia.edu)as at July 22nd, 2024.

More about him here: https://independent.academia.edu/ChidiAnthonyOpara

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Cornelius Hamelberg

Oct 9, 2024, 7:46:19 AMOct 9
to USA Africa Dialogue Series

“To see a World in a Grain of Sand

And a Heaven in a Wild Flower

Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand

And Eternity in an hour”

It’s another season of Auguries of Innocence - auguries, not orgies…

Pharoah Sanders : Prince of Peace

In the Tanakh, The Book of Job and in the whole world of Literature, The Book of Job has all the questions and answers.

After that, requiring our attention :

PressTV ( an Iranian news and documentary network )

#Chidi the chronicler, currently shuffering & shmiling, sitting over there patiently ( I almost wrote

like a patient etherised upon a table”) Chidi, rabble-rouser in that old Owerri Motor Park near the once “Garden City” of Melford Okilo’s Port Harcourt.

#Apart from shuffering and shmiling he “has been publishing news online since 2007”and also has “knowledge of information and data management”

#Anthony Chidi Opara, a former Biafran ( with Ojukwu as his Supreme Leader) Chidi now a real Super Nigerian ( “what dreams may come When we have shuffled off this mortal coil must give us pause”

#Chidi Opara, lover of  life, Ayatollahs, poetry, juice, muse, Jews

pay your dues, sing the blues, don’t be objective with your views

Like everybody else, I know all about The Islamic Revolution in Iran, and although nobody can claim                                                         to know “ all about” anything , this one thing is certain : He who feels it knows! People  - including a few Iranians I know, have said much worse and that doesn’t make what they say less reprehensible Over there in the US, and over here in Sweden, it’s mostly the opposition  - self-exiled Iranians that we have and that’s why one day whilst I was praising  The Iranian Revolution to one of the miscreants ( rascals if you will) he took off his shirt to show me the scars from lashes that he said he had received on his back. I was dumbfounded.

But that was just a one word : reprehensible

Perhaps you prefer flattery? Praise? Sensible ?

“Beautiful lines, as always. Great inspiration.”?

Of course you have every right to be partial/ impartial/ objective/subjective, even bi-assed.

I know that  just like every other good missionary boy who once upon a time attended to a good missionary school being run by the Baptists or the Catholics or Full Gospel Businessmen, you’ve probably got a hangover, you’re shuffering guilt feelings inflicted on you in Sunday School - original sin  etc , so you think that I’m standing in judgement over you, like God Almighty. Well,  I’m not - and - by the way ,

your Supreme Leader Ojukwu

could have stopped/ ended the Biafra War much , much earlier,

it’s painful, yes, poetically speaking, instead of sacrificing

so many children to Moloch

As Michael Afolayan suggested, “Isn't there another monster on the other side of the inferno?”

But alas, Chidi is still on the same page as that Negro Spiritual about The Battle of Jericho

Apart from air, nothing else in this world is free

So Mazi Anthony Chidi Opara FIIM, CDOA

before you rest in peace in eternity

whilst alive in Nigeria’s Poets’ Society

it’s time to wake up and shmell this coffee:

Billy Graham blessed the men before sending them to Vietnam

About our own personal limitations, the incident of Balaam and his ass -  the main encounter in question: Bamidbar/ Numbers 22:  21- 39  ) of which verse 23 goes,

“The she-donkey saw the angel of HASHEM stationed on the road with his sword drawn in his hand; so the she-donkey turned aside from the road and went into a field. Balaam beat the she-donkey to get it back onto the road.”

The Stone Chumash note on verse 23 reads, “ Rashi and Ramban ( two eminent Torah commentators) disagree regarding what the animal saw. According to Rashi, animals are allowed to see spiritual beings that are blocked from the human eye, because human intelligence would cause people to live in constant fear if they could perceive everything around them,

 Ramban asserts that angels are not physical beings and cannot be seen by people or animals unless they assume a human form - as when they visited Abraham  - in which case they are visible to everyone. In Balaam’s case, it was not that the she-donkey actually saw the angel. Rather, it sensed that it was in danger, for, figuratively. a being with a sword stood before it

According to verse 31, “ Then HASHEM uncovered  Balaam's eyes, and he saw the angel of HASHEM standing in the road, with a sword drawn in his hand. He bowed and prostrated himself on his face.”

The note on verse 31 begins, “ It appears obvious from this verse that Balaam was not accustomed to seeing angels, for if he was, it would not have been necessary for his eyes to have been uncovered. This also proves that he was not a prophet, for even Abraham’s wife Hagar and the prophet Elisha’s servant Gehazi saw angels, though they were not prophets... If Balaam had been a true prophet, he would have had no trouble seeing an angel, actually, Balaam was a sorcerer, not a prophet

#Some Swedish Jazz : Torbjörn Zetterberg Hot Five : Flickan som aldrig hade fel  ( The girl who was never wrong)

The Torbjörn Zetterberg Hot Five