Today's Quote

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Apr 18, 2021, 10:33:13 AM4/18/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Don't they submit the names of ministerial nominees to security for clearance in Nigeria any longer?

If they still do(as they should), how did the man with pro-terrorist tendency scale through and became a minister?

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO) by

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Apr 18, 2021, 10:33:21 AM4/18/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
The apology from the Nigerian minister with pro-terrorist tendency should be followed by resignation and at least a five-year recuse from public office.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Apr 18, 2021, 4:12:56 PM4/18/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
The Nigerian pro-terrorist minister did not regret his past pro-terrorist leaning, he only applied a new strategy to up his game.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Apr 19, 2021, 8:43:32 PM4/19/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
So, you want to hand over your security to persons whose personalities are clothed with secrecy?

After the initial public spirited actions, do you have any idea of what would follow?

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Apr 19, 2021, 8:43:32 PM4/19/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
What if the Messiah turns into a monster?

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Apr 21, 2021, 4:19:27 AM4/21/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
The justice obtained in George Floyd's murder happened, first, because there was a record of the murderous action, an incontrovertible evidence.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Apr 21, 2021, 4:20:13 AM4/21/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
"Injustice is a threat to all"-Biko Agozino(on Facebook)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Apr 21, 2021, 12:30:35 PM4/21/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
"Ada Jesus", the late Nigerian gospel singer and comic did not die of any curse.

She died because the poor medical facilities in Nigeria could not detect the true nature of her illness, a necessary condition for procuring a cure.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Apr 23, 2021, 4:58:53 AM4/23/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Lest we forget, Buhari was also pro terror before he became president. Check out his pro Boko Haram comments during the Jonathan administration.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Oluwatoyin Adepoju

Apr 23, 2021, 5:33:05 AM4/23/21
to usaafricadialogue
Chidi,

Is Kanu not being proven right?

Toyin

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Apr 23, 2021, 5:56:09 AM4/23/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Toyin,

Kanu proven right about what?

Buhari's pro Boko Haram comments during the Jonathan administration was made in public. They are public record.

Kanu purports to be leading agitation for Biafra sovereignty, but ends up dwelling on issues that have little or no bearing on Biafra sovereignty.

My position is that he should be focused on issues strictly relevant to actualization of Biafra sovereignty.

Otherwise, he should forget about the agitation and become an activist.

-CAO.

Oluwatoyin Adepoju

Apr 23, 2021, 9:01:06 AM4/23/21
to usaafricadialogue

All that was known, yet Buhari became and remains President of Nigeria.

Why?

Because people in the South did not understand that a war has long been on for Nigeria and Buhari is central to one side in that war.

What is Kanu if not an activist?

No SE/Igbo leader since Ojukwu has Kanu's political impact.

This is is the first person after Ojukwu under whom an Igbo group IPOB has been able to develop and apply a successful people centred strategy to the struggle for self determination, whether in terms of IPOB's aspirarion to SE independence through referendum or through a constitutional conference, the preferred option of SW non-establishment figures for which they have slim leadership after the former leaders decamped to the centrist govt, leaving those clustered round Afenifere, further weakened by the deeply regretted death of of the fierily vocal Yinka Odumakin.

Kanu's IPOB has provided a blueprint for victory against Nigeria's vampiric political system, increasingly highjacked by Islamic and Fulani supremacist terrorists.

Election boycott until self determination is actualised so as to defeat the vampires who own the system, since the system is crafted to keep them and their values in power.

IPOB tested this strategy successfully in the call for the SE/Igbo to stay home in honour of the Biafran war dead, a strategy they were about to extend to the Anambra elections until the govt, realising they were going to succeed, struck with tanks, troops and murder at the non-violent IPOB.

A significant no of people jubilated across Nigeria that the irritant was subdued then Fulani herdsmen terrorism, sustained by the govt, resumed in earnest and spread steadily to and in the South, amplified by kidnapping for ransom by the same ethnically and ideologically  related characters.

Kanu is not perfect but we need to take what is vital from him.

The Islamic and Fulani terrorists have Shekau, Buhari, Miyetti Allah and possibly Pantami, and those Northern Muslim governors and academics supporting  Fulani militia invasions, a list of people combining state and extra state power.

The only people have  are people like Kanu and the SW Sunday Igboho.

We need to adapt their strategies and visions for our emancipation.

Thanks

Toyin

Oluwatoyin Adepoju

Apr 23, 2021, 9:01:07 AM4/23/21
to usaafricadialogue
Edited

All that was known, yet Buhari became and remains President of Nigeria.

Why?

Because people in the South did not understand that a war has long been on for Nigeria and Buhari is central to one side in that war.

What is Kanu if not an activist?

No SE/Igbo leader since Ojukwu has Kanu's political impact.

This is is the first person after Ojukwu under whom an Igbo group IPOB has been able to develop and apply a successful people centred strategy to the struggle for self determination, whether in terms of IPOB's aspiration to SE independence through referendum or through a constitutional conference, the preferred option of SW non-establishment figures for which they have slim leadership after the former leaders decamped to the centrist govt, leaving those clustered round Afenifere, further weakened by the deeply regretted death of of the fierily vocal Yinka Odumakin.

Kanu's IPOB has provided a blueprint for victory against Nigeria's vampiric political system, increasingly hijacked by Islamic and Fulani supremacist terrorists.

[...]

The only people we have  are people like Kanu and the SW Sunday Igboho.

We need to adapt their strategies and visions for our emancipation.

Thanks

Toyin

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Apr 23, 2021, 4:33:47 PM4/23/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Toyin,

I do not like discussing rabble rousers.

You know who and what I am and from that knowledge, you can decipher who and what I like to discuss.

If however Kanu is your hero, so be it, but don't impose your choice on me.

Time will tame Kanu's mob.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Oluwatoyin Adepoju

Apr 23, 2021, 5:00:16 PM4/23/21
to usaafricadialogue
Nnamdi Kanu is a rabble rouser?

Arguably the  most significant figure in modern Igbo political history after Ojukwu and perhaps certainly so since the civil war?

I greet you.

Impose on you?

How?

Have I written anything about Kanu and IPOB that is either not clearly factual or could be plausible?

The core people who sustain the  Biafra vision are not the careful people.

Its is the desperate people, risking their lives, like Kanu.

While Kanu is a rabble rouser for you, the other side has terroists and their enablers or self centred soldiers of fortune such as Tinubu.

Kanu has more value than all those others combined.

I am for correcting whaever excesses he has and working with him.

Thanks

Toyin

OLAYINKA AGBETUYI

Apr 24, 2021, 10:44:29 AM4/24/21
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com, usaafricadialogue

Toyin Adepoju:

Most Southeasterners ( including the governors) dont share Kanu's separatist views ( and your views) as most Southwesterners dont share Sunday Igboho's views on the solution to Nigeria's problems; period!

Most knowledgeable southeasterns state that the SE will be the greatest loser in a separated Nigeria, because of their investments all over the country ( check the archives for Baba Kadiri's latest post on this topic, so we dont keep revisiting the same arguments.)

Most people know separation  will worsen the problems- even to apocalyptic proportions- rather than solve them.

Internet warriorship is one thing, bullet and rifle warriorship is a totally different gory situation altogether.

You were never at the barricades with Kanu at any time, anyway, so you could be jointly arrested.

OAA

Sent from my Galaxy

Oluwatoyin Adepoju

Apr 24, 2021, 1:27:55 PM4/24/21
to usaafricadialogue
And yet they abided in good nos with IPOBs stay at home directive to honour the Biafran dead.

All who want to remain in Nigeria should be free to do so.

Those who would rather not should have a choice as to where to belong.

If a referendum is held today in the SE, which is what IPOB is asking for, I expect the SE will leave Nigeria.

Toyiin

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Apr 28, 2021, 7:17:33 AM4/28/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
The Nigerian Presidency should start solving the present insecurity in the country by first calling the "Fulani herdsmen" and "bandits" to order.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Apr 28, 2021, 12:47:10 PM4/28/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
I hope that we have taken cognisance of the over all effects of war?

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 1, 2021, 1:30:33 AM5/1/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
There is no blackmail without a crime, legally or morally.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 1, 2021, 9:09:20 AM5/1/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
You are not a truth bearer if you only speak truth when it is convenient to you.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 2, 2021, 6:08:18 AM5/2/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Reverend Father Mbaka should have asked the Nigerian Presidency for donation for his charity (Adoration Ministry) not contact. Is he a contractor? If he was asking for other people, that was influence peddling, which is corruption.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 9, 2021, 6:37:09 AM5/9/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
When the Christ said, "ye are gods", he released confidence into the minds of humans, thereby unleashing the unlimited potentials of humanity.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 9, 2021, 6:37:09 AM5/9/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
How is it that we only focus on one side of the Christ, the miracles he perforrmed, neglecting the radical shift from orthodoxies to creative potentials of humanity, which resulted into many inventions that have been making life comfortable on earth which the Christ engineered?

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Gloria Emeagwali

May 9, 2021, 11:19:21 AM5/9/21
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
When did the over jealous god say that?
Is he ready to compete with other gods?

GE

On Sun, May 9, 2021 at 06:37 Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM <chidi...@gmail.com> wrote:
When the Christ said, "ye are gods", he released confidence into the minds of humans, thereby unleashing the unlimited potentials of humanity.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

--

Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Current archives at http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue

Early archives at http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html

---

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "USA Africa Dialogue Series" group.

Harrow, Kenneth

May 9, 2021, 12:07:17 PM5/9/21
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
nietzsche said we are gods....

kenneth harrow

professor emeritus

dept of english

michigan state university

517 803-8839

har...@msu.edu

Emeagwali, Gloria (History)

May 9, 2021, 12:47:39 PM5/9/21
to Harrow, Kenneth, usaafric...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to add that monotheist gods are
intolerant of other gods:  No other god but me -
or to hell you god. Polytheistic gods are
accommodating of other gods and are ready
to be a member of the pantheon -
almost a million in Hinduism.

No monotheistic god would elevate
humans to their level, in the stratified
hierarchy of god and humans. This would be
an  invitation to Idolatry, deification, parallel
worship and democratization of the
spiritual world.

I suspect that there is a confusion here between
Igbo and Hebrew theology.

Professor Gloria Emeagwali
Prof. of History/African Studies, CCSU
africahistory.net; vimeo.com/ gloriaemeagwali
Recipient of the 2014 Distinguished Research
Excellence Award, Univ. of Texas at Austin;
2019 Distinguished Africanist Award
New York African Studies Association

May 9, 2021, 1:53:50 PM5/9/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Gloria,
"I have said you are gods"-Jesus Christ (John Chapter 10 verse 34 of the new international version bible).

-CAO.

Gloria Emeagwali

May 9, 2021, 3:34:16 PM5/9/21
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Ok. I shall have a look at the chapter and verse.

GE

Oluwatoyin Adepoju

May 10, 2021, 8:12:00 AM5/10/21
to usaafricadialogue
Jesus was more democratic than his followers.

He also stated "the kingdom of God is within you".

Toyin

OLAYINKA AGBETUYI

May 10, 2021, 5:19:37 PM5/10/21
to usaafricadialogue

This was why I often described my friend the Nazarene as the First Revolutionary in western thought.

All these ideas about the gentle lamb of God was the handiwork of early Church leaders following the persecution of early Christians.  He  was  a revolutionary who wanted an overthrow of Roman rule but lacked the resources to do so!

OAA

Sent from my Galaxy

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 10, 2021, 6:48:55 PM5/10/21
to USA African Dialogue Series

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 12, 2021, 7:01:34 AM5/12/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Nigerian governors (from which ever region) are entitled to police protection as of right. It is not a privilege that can be withdrawn.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 13, 2021, 6:02:42 AM5/13/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Most Fulani leaders in Nigeria view national issues from the narrow perspective of Fulani interests. For them, national issues must pander to Fulani interests. This is the major cause of the current upsurge in secession agitations.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 13, 2021, 6:02:54 AM5/13/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
There have been Fulani nationalism tendency in Nigeria since the time of Danfodio, currently promoted by Buhari (a Fulani nationalist masqurading as a nationalist)?

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 15, 2021, 10:32:08 AM5/15/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
The proposed military exercise for the Southeast by the Buhari administration is a preconcieved idea. The present state of insecurity provided a convenient excuse.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 15, 2021, 11:39:33 AM5/15/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
History will remember us as 21st Century creative writers who used social media to reach our readers.

-Chidi Anthony Opara.

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 15, 2021, 12:20:03 PM5/15/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
To the Nigerian security agencies personnel:

The more atrocities you visit on the people, the more the young ones grow up hating you and comes after you at the slightest chance.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Oluwatoyin Adepoju

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 15, 2021, 3:45:47 PM5/15/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
President Buhari does not need to militarize the Southeast to contain the insecurity.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 16, 2021, 4:28:07 AM5/16/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
If "the jester of Lokoja" can become a two term governor in Nigeria, why do you think that he cannot become president?

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 17, 2021, 9:49:50 AM5/17/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
When people opt to "defend their land" with violence instead of through dialogue, they should be ready to receive violence in reaction.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 19, 2021, 11:31:36 AM5/19/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Creative writers should be careful of associating with all those literary festivals and awards sponsored by Nigerian politicians. A day may come when one would regret the association. Nasir El Rufai is the brain behind "Kadfest".

-Chidi Anthony Opara(CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 20, 2021, 6:20:38 AM5/20/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
The problem is that the fellow comparing the selling of spare parts with open cattle grazing is a senior lawyer and the Minister of Justice/Attorney-general of Nigeria.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 20, 2021, 1:48:22 PM5/20/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
When Shehu Malami, Nigeria's Minister of Justice/Attorney-general, talks about "freedom and liberty of movement", does he realize that these concepts are not absolute?

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 20, 2021, 1:49:31 PM5/20/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Nigerians are beyond redemption. The political upheaval in Sudan was caused by a slight increase in the price of bread. All is however calm in Nigeria, where the prices of every staple food item have increased by 100%.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 23, 2021, 7:33:01 AM5/23/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
One should be careful about negative mind bending practices of some individuals like Hitler, et al. The practice is to keep indoctrinating people, especially the younger ones, with half truths and falsehoods to a point that the minds of the persons being indoctrinated will now begin to see every situations as facts supporting what the influencer said/says.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 25, 2021, 5:12:57 AM5/25/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
God has finished all aspects of creation and enclosed everything in his(natural)laws. If one is able to work hard, discover, and apply the laws, one reaps the rewards, otherwise, the result would be the reaping of the consequences of inactions or inadequate actions.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 25, 2021, 10:41:53 PM5/25/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
The response from Ondo to Abuja on the open grazing matter delivered all the messages the separatists and the revolutionaries have been struggling to deliver.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 29, 2021, 6:23:05 AM5/29/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
President Buhari and his kinsfolk must be secretly grateful to Nnamdi Kanu for providing them the opportunity to finish what they started in 1966.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 29, 2021, 3:24:09 PM5/29/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Is it a crime for a group to decide to "sit at home" for a day to mourn their dead?

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 29, 2021, 8:11:25 PM5/29/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
President Buhari's actions have drastically reduced the number of those of us who believe in "one Nigeria".

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

--
Chidi Anthony Opara is a Poet and Founder/Publisher of; PublicInformationProjects (www.publicinformationprojects.org)

Oluwatoyin Adepoju

May 29, 2021, 8:12:07 PM5/29/21
to usaafricadialogue
Heee heeee...

Some may see it as  a crime if it's being organized by a seccesionist who is using it as a dress rehearsal for a boycott of elections in pursuit of his goal.

The next question is- is it a crime to desire to secede, particularly from a forced union?

As we ponder these questions, we should ask ourselves-. Does Nnamdi Kanu's vision and strategy have something to offer us, whatever their limitations?

The mounting cisis makes this question imperative.

On Sat, May 29, 2021, 20:24 Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM <chidi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is it a crime for a group to decide to "sit at home" for a day to mourn their dead?

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 29, 2021, 8:40:10 PM5/29/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Oluwatoyin,
It is funny how you always manage to bring in "Nnamdi Kanu" into every Biafra narrative, as if the issue of Biafra started with and revolves around your hero.

-CAO.

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 30, 2021, 7:04:43 AM5/30/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
The current problem (of the Biafra "sit at home") is the politicization from both ends.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Oluwatoyin Adepoju

May 30, 2021, 7:05:01 AM5/30/21
to usaafricadialogue
Heee heee heee

Who is the leader or initiator or most impactful voice of he Igbo sit-at-home to honour the Biafran dead movement?

Do you see Yoruba people discrediting Sunday Igboho?

One or two tried it earlier but they have come to appreciate the gravity of the situation.

As evil as Fulani herdsmen terrorism is, have you read of would be Nigerian President Atiku Abubukar making any substantial statement about it, talk less condemn it?

Atiku's running mate was former SE governor Peter Obi.

I can't seem to hear his voice amidst the current crisis.

Is he heeding the tune of his masters with whose help he hopes to reach Aso Rock?

People have taken positions in a war but some of us are insisting on rejecting those fighting for us because they don't meet all our ideals .

Thanks

Toyin

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 30, 2021, 10:39:14 AM5/30/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Oluwatoyin,

Your "most impactful" singsong is subjective.

By now, you should have known that I do not subscribe to group mentality, so if the Yoruba and the Fulani elites are not condemning what they are supposed to condenm as you said here, that is left for them. I answer my name, not anybody's. I have my eyes on posterity.

I am however not even condemning Nnamdi Kanu. He is an intelligent, courageous young man with passion for the welfare of Igbos(my ethnicity), but he lacks the strategy to bring to conclusion what he is doing. Worst of it is that he lacks the quality of mind to listen to other viewpoints.

In 2015, his erstwhile deputy Uche Mefor(presently fallen out with him)sent me an email(I still have the email), introducing the nascent "Radio Biafra", I listened in and made suggestions. One of the suggestions was that Kanu should remove himself as the anchor person and get a professional broadcaster to anchor the programmes. I also suggested less reliance on unverifiable facts in favour of verifiable ones. When I asked Mefor why those suggestions were not considered he told me that "the supreme leader does not like them"(I noted the word "supreme" and chuckled).

I have been one of the earliest persons to give Kanu support when most of you do not even know him.

When he flew into Lagos and was brutalized and arrested by DSS and kept in custody without charge and medical attention, I was one of those publishing "Intersociety's" news releases on his predicaments, same also when there was an intention to try him secretly.

These are some of the occasions I gave support to Kanu.

Problem is that the young man lacks strategy and is not ready to develop any. He doesn't even seem to know that his method will not lead to Biafra sovereignty.

Personally, I do not like to waste my time, which is what supporting Kanu will amount to.

I will however not tolerate violations of his fundamental human rights and/or that of anyone for that matter.

Thank you for your time.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Oluwatoyin Adepoju

May 31, 2021, 6:36:21 AM5/31/21
to usaafricadialogue
Thanks Chidi.

Well done.

What do you think of his strategy of boycotting Nigerian elections as a way of delegitimising the political process in the SE in pressing for a referendum as to whether or not the region should remain within Nigeria?

Thanks

Toyin

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 31, 2021, 6:36:54 AM5/31/21
to USA African Dialogue Series

"In all political systems, any form of destabilization eventually becomes part of a decline process"-Toyin Falola(TF).

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 31, 2021, 6:37:40 AM5/31/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
By the way, bearing in mind the security situation in Imo State and the fact that lots of dignitaries who entered the state by Friday evening/Saturday morning would have to leave via the airport on Sunday/Monday, the Security agencies should have discreetly monitored all routes to the airport during the weekend.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 31, 2021, 7:28:37 AM5/31/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Oluwatoyin,

In so far as elections cannot truncate genuine quests for sovereignty, they should be allowed to go on. Separatist agitations should be made peaceful as much as possible.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

grace omoshaba

May 31, 2021, 2:04:40 PM5/31/21
to Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM, USA African Dialogue Series

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

May 31, 2021, 2:05:05 PM5/31/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
"Biafra Heroes' Day"( May 30th) is for honouring those(persons from Eastern Nigeria) who died during the Nigeria-Biafra civil war. It is voluntary. No person(s) and/or group of persons should appropriate this important occasion.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 1, 2021, 6:57:02 PM6/1/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Where would Archeologists be digging for information in the next hundred years? On the internet?

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 3, 2021, 11:36:55 AM6/3/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Did Twitter also delete the mindset that informed the deleted Buhari tweet?

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 3, 2021, 4:07:21 PM6/3/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Facts are not actually what matters. What matters are interpretations and analyses of facts.

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 4, 2021, 5:07:33 PM6/4/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Most of us are very much like Buhari, but the difference is that we don't have power.

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 5, 2021, 6:17:04 AM6/5/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
You are saying "pray for Imo State" instead of telling the foreign based loud mouth "shut the heck up!".

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 5, 2021, 7:36:04 AM6/5/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
The context and concept of power have changed. A social media network is more powerful than any head of government.

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 6, 2021, 8:58:26 AM6/6/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
There are presently, human rights violations by security agents in Imo State and in other parts of Southeast Nigeria.

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 7, 2021, 5:48:59 PM6/7/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
I align with the tendency that opine that using Twitter or any other social media is a fundamental human right under the United Nations declaration of human rights of 1948. The older citizens of Nigeria should however start the rebellion, in case of any backlash, while the youngsters should join later.

Cornelius Hamelberg

Jun 7, 2021, 8:25:29 PM6/7/21
to USA Africa Dialogue Series
Hasn't the rebellion already started?

Oluwatoyin Adepoju

Jun 7, 2021, 8:26:20 PM6/7/21
to usaafricadialogue
really?

older citizens who need to learn from the youth how to navigate the currently dominant technologies?

older citizens who are often the most fearful in Nigeria,  giving all kinds of rationalisations of why survival under oppression by concealing oneself  is a better strategy than putting oneself in danger by resisting oppression?

thanks

toyin

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 8, 2021, 3:24:53 AM6/8/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Oluwatoyin,

You don't win wars with emotions.

Those rationalizations you referenced are strategic, they save life. Human rights are for the living.

If you had confronted the murderous Nigerian military and security in your 20s and died for example, would we have been seeing your contributions today?

-CAO.

Oluwatoyin Adepoju

Jun 8, 2021, 7:07:19 AM6/8/21
to usaafricadialogue
there always comes a time of decision of what risks to take in protesting.

if the anti-apartheid protesters in South Africa and the Civil Rights protesters in the US had limited themselves to your little-risk philosophy, they might still be in chains today.

such risks are taken to enhance the value of life, rather than continue to live at a subhuman level because of fear.

note that your initial argument was that even defying the twitter ban from behind one's keyboard is too risky, particularly for young people.

thanks

toyin

Cornelius Hamelberg

Jun 8, 2021, 7:48:25 AM6/8/21
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

 Chidi,

It’s possible that Adepoju has started developing a martyrdom complex , in which case we had better ask him now: How would you like to be remembered , after security agents come and tote your mystical gnash away for talking big-talk ?

Re- Poetry as a weapon against oppression, since – God forbid- poetry can never be a weapon of oppression….

Here we have Niyi Osundare and his Not My Business

in the same tradition of Martin Niemöller and hisFirst they came for the Socialists ( probably what Bishop Kukah would sound like, if possessed by the Holy Spirit he climbed down from Big Grammar ethics to the Motor Park reality of the suffering masses, of the this kind : the many, many pithy instances of a sometimes wry but never bitter Chidi Anthony Opara taking on the vagaries of life in Nigeria, suffering , blood, sweat and tears.

If Fela Kuti ( mostly in the real Nigerian English ) Dr. Sir Warrior ( in Igbo) and Oliver De Coque ( both) were with us today, in person, how would they be relating to what’s going on through the poetry of protest music?

Yami Bolo : The System

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "USA Africa Dialogue Series" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/usaafricadialogue/CAGBtzfPOo2NqmwNPMFjVia6d%3D45mA6KzEAK_1A9d35J%3DywnwdA%40mail.gmail.com.

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 9, 2021, 1:03:20 PM6/9/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
If we talk about the virtues of dead people, should we not also talk about their vices?

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 10, 2021, 2:55:55 PM6/10/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
If agitators for Biafra cannot tolerate different viewpoints, then they loose the right to be listened to.

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 10, 2021, 2:56:33 PM6/10/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
President Buhari was reported to have said today in a television interview that if there is insecurity in the states, the governors are to be blamed.

Now, tell me which security infrastructures that are under the control of the governors with which they are expected to use to manage insecurity.

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 10, 2021, 2:56:50 PM6/10/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
So "good behaviour" is now a sine qua non for the provision of employment for the Nigerian youths, according to President Buhari?

Oluwatoyin Adepoju

Jun 11, 2021, 2:44:34 AM6/11/21
to usaafricadialogue
People say they have that problem

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

OLAYINKA AGBETUYI

Jun 12, 2021, 4:49:25 AM6/12/21
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

What are security votes used for?

For purposes for which Senator Kalu was convicted when he was governor?

OAA

Sent from my Galaxy

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 13, 2021, 2:12:53 PM6/13/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
The Nigerian security apparatus should stop bothering themselves about the present crop of activists. They are too elitist and unorganized to pull off the kind of momentum that can remove a head of a government parastatal, not to talk of a head of government.

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 14, 2021, 2:39:16 AM6/14/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
The single incident that exposed the ideological shallowness of Nigerian activist is the euphoria that greeted the joining of the June 12 protest of 2021 by a member of the Nigeria ruling class, a sitting governor (though from the opposition party). That single incident and the euphoria that greeted it trivializes the mission of the protest.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 14, 2021, 2:39:34 AM6/14/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Has Nnamdi Kanu been replying Buhari of Nigeria or "Jubril of Sudan"? Con men and stories!

-Chidi Anthony Opara(CAO)

Cornelius Hamelberg

Jun 14, 2021, 2:39:52 AM6/14/21
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

By that singular act of self-sacrifice, Mohamed Bouazizi kick-started the Revolution/ Arab Spring

When the conditions are right, all it should take is a little spark, such as what happened at Lekki

The 2023 Elections of 23rd February 2023 are 620 days away , and, needless to say, at this rate of fallout, many, many things are going to happen before that date (with fate)

To avoid another hunger catastrophe I wish that the people who are going to be most directly affected start do what’s necessary

By the way Chidi, the Prophet Moses was eighty years old when he led the children of Israel out of Egypt....

Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 14, 2021, 5:00:26 PM6/14/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
It does not take high intelligence quotient to rouse the rabble, it only takes the propensity to deceive.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO).

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 15, 2021, 4:50:50 AM6/15/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
You are saying that Igbos migrated from Israel and at the same time saying that presently, some Igbos cannot migrate to Northern Nigeria and be known as "Northern Igbos"?

segun ogungbemi

Jun 15, 2021, 7:26:27 PM6/15/21
to dialogue
If the Igbos migrated from Israel, they should migrate back to the 'land flowing of milk and honey' and put an end to their cry of marginalization in Nigeria.
SO

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 17, 2021, 2:13:27 AM6/17/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
10.5 million people lifted out of poverty in six years(as President Buhari claimed), out of more than 100 million poor people.

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 19, 2021, 3:02:34 AM6/19/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Referendum is a democratic concept. For a referendum to be legitimate, those for and against must be given equal opportunities to canvas for supporters in an atmosphere devoid of any kind of intimidation. This cannot be achieved in a situation in which pro referendum killer cells hold sway.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 19, 2021, 3:02:48 AM6/19/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
The so called "Northern Consensus Movement" who declared Nnamdi Kanu wanted, are a bunch of fringe characters giving themselves and another fringe character cheap popularity.

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 20, 2021, 8:58:32 AM6/20/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
The most terrible thing that happened to us Biafrans is the appropriation of Biafra by confidence tricksters.

Cornelius Hamelberg

Jun 20, 2021, 9:40:52 AM6/20/21
to USA Africa Dialogue Series

Chidi,

It could be understood and not only assumed that since you are right there in the thick of it, you must know what you are talking about, unlike those of us who are thousands of miles from the scene of the crimes being committed. That being so, you could please demystify us as to exactly what is meant by " pro referendum killer cells" which seems to imply that there are armed criminals going around threatening their fellow citizens and brother tribesmen that they must vote “Yes”  Biafra, or else they are traitors and their very lives could therefore be in danger.

The main possible danger to a Yes vote for Biafra in a free and fair  referendum (in which it is a clear Yes or No choice) is the likelihood that even before the referendum takes place, some of the people in the North, understandably, especially in the North, would already be seething and in a retaliatory mode they are going to be in it is to be expected that they would start giving marching orders to the millions of Igbos currently prospering or eking out a living in the North, to please pack up their belongings and start going back home to their own country....not to mention the inevitable looting and confiscation of Igbo owned businesses and property...

So far, if achievable/ feasible the best way out of this imbroglio and a worthwhile alternative to unnecessary bloodshed is what is Lord Agbetuyi’s wonderful summation of Doyen Ayo Olukotun’s essay, here

Ogedi Ohajekwe

Jun 20, 2021, 10:19:53 AM6/20/21
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Unknown soldiers, unknown gunmen, both terms first introduced by the government who should know more than the average citizen without a special inside knowledge.
Is there any group that have claimed to be the unknown gunmen?

On Jun 19, 2021, at 3:02 AM, Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM <chidi...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Salimonu Kadiri

Jun 20, 2021, 11:18:38 AM6/20/21
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
​Unknown 'gunmen' is a better and more appropriate description of yet to be arrested criminals than insinuating to suspected Fulani herdsmen, unemployed academics or spare parts dealers.
S. Kadiri

Jun 21, 2021, 1:32:27 AM6/21/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Anti restructure mindsets like that of President Buhari and his chorus singers are responsible for the pockets of secession agitations in Nigeria.

Mobolaji Aluko

Jun 21, 2021, 1:32:27 AM6/21/21
to USAAfrica Dialogue

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 21, 2021, 11:11:38 PM6/21/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
There is nothing God cannot do, but there are things God will not do.

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM

Jun 23, 2021, 5:31:57 AM6/23/21
to USA African Dialogue Series
Any serious minded Nigerian Senator of Igbo origin who is genuinely concerned about Igbo marginalization should use the powerful platform of the Senate to push for laws and motions that will stop the marginalization. Occasional self serving pronouncements and symbolisms on the internet is not the solution.
It is loading more messages.