Today's Quote

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM, CDOA

Sep 22, 2022, 1:42:57 AM9/22/22
to USA African Dialogue Series
Many stories aren't told from all sides.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

--
Chidi Anthony Opara is a Poet, IIM Professional Fellow, MIT Chief Data Officer Ambassador and Founder/Publisher of, www.publicinformationprojects.org)

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM, CDOA

Sep 28, 2022, 6:05:44 AM9/28/22
to USA African Dialogue Series
Aren't our criteria for chosing leaders so flimsy? Does flying in an aircraft economy class for example, make someone a good leader?

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM, CDOA

Sep 28, 2022, 9:59:14 AM9/28/22
to USA African Dialogue Series
I do not respect people who choose to support me privately as a fighter of injustice and anomalies when they have opportunities to support me publicly.

Ibukunolu A Babajide

Sep 28, 2022, 1:45:50 PM9/28/22
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
YES, it does show good leadership when the caliber of geriatric elite power captors has sunk to the lowest of the low.  Looters and delegate/vote buyers who waste our common patrimony turn a frugal and productive man into the hero of the youth and the masses!

IBK
_________________________
Ibukunolu Alao Babajide (IBK)

Turning and turning in the widening gyre

The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

The best lack all conviction, while the worst

Are full of passionate intensity.

The Second Coming

By William Butler Yeats

1865-1939

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Cornelius Hamelberg

Sep 28, 2022, 10:01:21 PM9/28/22
to USA Africa Dialogue Series

Dear Chidi :

Not to worry.

Think:Jesus and be of good cheer

Soon you will be lending your good ear

to Nicodemus

You are blessed to be feeling sagacious and safe and away from it all in Nigeria. In the meantime (my favourite prefatory expression these days) disaster is lurking ahead over here and despite the prelates, cardinals,  bishops, deacons and pastors telling us not to worry, because ”the kingdom of heaven is within” there are weighty matters outside the kingdom of heaven no longer waiting on the back burner.

Hear here

(for your perusal):

World War III Has Already Begun, but the Truth Is Being Withheld from the Public Until the Very Last Moment

Some of the young Russians ( draft dodgers ) are running away to neighbouring countries in Europe, just to avoid the draft - as if NATO has signed an affidavit or taken an oath on the Bible, guaranteeing them protection in NATO - Europe. The bright idea has not yet dawned on them that they would be considerably safer if they got visas to Nigeria - perhaps a better idea than taking cover in Poland and being forced to join the Polish army to fight against their motherland, MOTHER RUSSIA.

In the meantime, Uncle Sam has told all Americans to get out of Russia as soon as possible,  without any further delay

Imagine the psychological pressure. Uncle Sam’s message to US citizens can mean only one thing:  Something bad is about to happen.

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM, CDOA

Sep 29, 2022, 4:00:28 AM9/29/22
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
IBK,

You are in a way saying that if for example, my older family members graduated from the university with pass and I graduate with third class, that mine is a fantastic result on the basis of the fact that mine is better than that of my older family members.

This lowering of standards based on yardsticks that are very low is not good for our society.

A governor in Nigeria for example, after about seven years in office(they usually rule for eight years) would go and construct a substandard project in a community and the benefitting Community would be jubilating. Tell them that the project is substandard, the retort would be that the previous administions built nothing and so, a substandard project is better than no project.

Few months after the "commissioning", the substandard project would become useless and the circle of suffering caused by lack of basic amenities would continue.

-CAO.

On Wed, 28 Sept 2022 at 12:05, Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM, CDOA <chidi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Aren't our criteria for chosing leaders so flimsy? Does flying in an aircraft economy class for example, make someone a good leader?

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

--
Chidi Anthony Opara is a Poet, IIM Professional Fellow, MIT Chief Data Officer Ambassador and Founder/Publisher of, www.publicinformationprojects.org)

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM, CDOA

Sep 29, 2022, 4:00:36 AM9/29/22
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Mazi Cornelius,

I will not be lending ear to the Nigerian Nicodemus. Like his namesake, he would also disappear if I ask him(as I will surely do) to sell off his(mostly ill-gotten)possessions, give all to the poor and follow me to Motor Park Poetry(Protest Poetry).

-CAO.
--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Cornelius Hamelberg

Sep 29, 2022, 7:49:59 PM9/29/22
to USA Africa Dialogue Series

In the story of Jesus and the rich man, is the rich young man named Nicodemus?

And what about you Chidi, shouldn’t you lead by example?

First, you sell all your earthly material possessions and then  - in poetry -  standing on top of a danfo you declare your candidacy for the Nigerian Presidency  to the downtrodden and oppressed from the very heart of the  Revolutionary Motor Park in Owerri  - like the Pied Piper of Hamelin you tell all the rich rats  “ come follow me!”

Declaring a war on corruption is easy, but how do you actually win the war on corruption?

You drown the rats, that's how, and thus you rid Nigeria of the vermin…

Amin

On Wednesday, 28 September 2022 at 15:59:14 UTC+2 chidi...@gmail.com wrote:
I do not respect people who choose to support me privately as a fighter of injustice and anomalies when they have opportunities to support me publicly.

-Chidi Anthony Opara (CAO)

--
Chidi Anthony Opara is a Poet, IIM Professional Fellow, MIT Chief Data Officer Ambassador and Founder/Publisher of, www.publicinformationprojects.org)

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM, CDOA

Sep 30, 2022, 9:13:30 AM9/30/22
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
"And what about you Chidi, shouldn’t you lead by example?"-Cornelius Hamelburg.

Mazi Cornelius,

I haven't got the type of possessions that could be sold and the procceeds given to the poor. (Protest)poetry is not a lucrative endervour.

-CAO.
Current archives at http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
Early archives at http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "USA Africa Dialogue Series" group.

Chidi Anthony Opara is a Poet, IIM Professional Fellow, MIT Chief Data Officer Ambassador and Founder/Publisher of, www.publicinformationprojects.org)

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Cornelius Hamelberg

Sep 30, 2022, 9:13:30 AM9/30/22
to USA Africa Dialogue Series
Chidi,

Apart from poetry
Nigeria needs a PPP
Poor Peoples Party -
A clear Majority!

[...]

Sep 30, 2022, 3:01:10 PM9/30/22
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Mazi Cornelius, I agree with you on PPP.

My(Protest)Poetry however is to prepare the ground for the PPP eventuality.

-CAO.
Current archives at http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
Early archives at http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "USA Africa Dialogue Series" group.

Chidi Anthony Opara is a Poet, IIM Professional Fellow, MIT Chief Data Officer Ambassador and Founder/Publisher of, www.publicinformationprojects.org)

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Chidi Anthony Opara, FIIM, CDOA

Oct 2, 2022, 5:36:35 AM10/2/22
to USA African Dialogue Series
The crowd who hailed Christ "hossana in the highest" on Sunday was the same crowd who shouted "crucify him" against Christ on Thursday, a time space of only 4 days. This is an important lesson in crowd psychology.

Cornelius Hamelberg

Oct 2, 2022, 11:29:28 AM10/2/22
to USA Africa Dialogue Series

Bob Marley: So Jah Seh

Chidi is busy preparing the ground for the PPP eventuality. The Poor People’s Redemption Party. Preparing the soil so that Omoyele Sowore and other would-be revolutionaries will have an easier ride on the bandwagon on the way to taking over the castle at Aso Rock, not Osu Castle  - and we’ve got to remind them that The Revolution Will Not Be Televised, although  it’s a sure thing that When The Revolution Comes some of us (the Naija Black Bourgeoisie) “ will probably catch it on TV, with chicken hanging from our mouths”

I support you 100% per cent publicly and privately. Ten million Almajiri also support you.

Only the miscreants would do otherwise.

This is the motto,  the emblem  is the party symbol, like the title of Gregory Porter’s 2020 album

 All Arise  ( with Femi Tomowo on tracks 5 ( Faith in Love) and 11 (Phoenix) )

As you have observed, “The crowd who hailed Christ "hosanna in the highest" on Sunday was the same crowd who shouted "crucify him" against Christ on Thursday, a time space of only 4 days. This is an important lesson in crowd psychology.

If it was indeed the same crowd, what should that tell you Dr Watson?

That the crowd is fickle? But was it the “same “ crowd? Exactly the same?

Including Peter,  Obi’s namesake who denied Jesus thrice before the cock crowed or was it just another facile example of The Mass Psychology of Fascism?

Honestly, my main fear right now is that Peter Obi is merely serving as a decoy - and as a huge deception, a ploy and that by February next year when it finally dawns on them that it’s impossible for Peter Obi to be elected president - as the former governor of Imo  - a fellow Igbo has pointed out here, the Igbo as a monolithic voting block could vote for Alhaji A. A. and thus ruin the day…