If anyone can reach the Super Falcons...

Akinloye Ojo

Jul 18, 2022, 7:09:06 PM7/18/22
to USAAfric...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
     This is for anyone who has the ability to reach a player or official on the Super Falcons of Nigeria. Please send our best regards to these Nigerian heroines. They have just lost a hard fought semi-final to the host nation Morocco by 5-4 via penalty shoot out. The Falcons played most of the game with 9 players with 2 of their best players shown red cards. I don't think I have ever been prouder of a Nigerian soccer team than this one. In fact, I couldn't help but be emotional in front of the tube about the efforts of these gallant Naija ambassadors. They should mourn the loss briefly but get over it quickly to be ready for the World Cup.
We know they will make us proud in New Zealand. That is for sure!
Go Super Falcons 😍
Akinloye Ojo

Moses Ebe Ochonu

Jul 18, 2022, 7:38:55 PM7/18/22
to USAAfricaDialogue
Akinloye Ojo, I second your sentiments. If there was ever a case of being more proud of your team in defeat than in victory, this is it. The two red cards awakened the falcons in the Super Falcons and they defended valiantly. They even almost won it with the shot that hit the post in extra time. Before the first red card, they were clearly the superior side, only lacking the finishing touch. The ladies made us really proud. Congrats to Morocco, but they "stole" one today. It will be an epic final between Morocco and South Africa.

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Emmanuel Udogu

Jul 18, 2022, 9:12:24 PM7/18/22
to usaafricadialogue
 I DOFF MY HAT OR CAP TO THE SUPER FALCONS, TOO.

IKE UDOGU

Biko Agozino

Jul 20, 2022, 4:24:42 PM7/20/22
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Two red cards show indiscipline that must be addressed by the coach as a management issue. War Against Indiscipline.

Biko