Dr. Jumoke Yacob-Haliso

Toyin Falola

Feb 28, 2020, 6:52:35 AM2/28/20

Dr. Jumoke Yacob-Haliso has been appointed as the first African to ever chair the FTGS Executive Committee of the ISA in its 30 years of existence. The list of past chairs of the section is a list of the founders and doyens of feminist international relations, and it is indeed a great honor for her to join that list.

The ISA represents 100 countries with over 7,000 members worldwide. It is the most respected, most widely known, and at 61 years old, one of the oldest interdisciplinary associations in the field of international, transnational and global affairs.

Dr. Yacob-Haliso and Punam Yadav (UCL) were elected as joint Chairs of the Executive Committee of the Feminist Theory and Gender Studies Section (FTGS)  for the 2020-2023 term.

Websites:

FTGS: https://www.isanet.org/ISA/Sections/FTGS

ISA: https://www.isanet.org/ISA/About-ISA

See her expansive project, The Handbook of African Women’s Studies https://link.springer.com/referencework/10.1007%2F978-3-319-77030-7

A huge congratulations.

Toyin Falola

Department of History

The University of Texas at Austin

104 Inner Campus Drive

Austin, TX 78712-0220, USA

Gloria Emeagwali

Feb 28, 2020, 7:40:12 AM2/28/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Hearty congrats to Dr.Jumoke Yacob- Haliso for this achievement.

GE

Sent from my iPhone
--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Oluwatoyin Vincent Adepoju

Feb 28, 2020, 8:07:59 AM2/28/20
to usaafricadialogue
wooooooooooooow!

mighty congrats!

Nimi Wariboko

Feb 28, 2020, 8:47:48 AM2/28/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations, Dr. Jumoke Yacob-Haliso-Haliso. Glad to hear this. More blessings.

Nimi Wariboko

On Feb 28, 2020, at 6:52 AM, Toyin Falola <toyin...@austin.utexas.edu> wrote:

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Elias K. Bongmba

Feb 28, 2020, 8:52:45 AM2/28/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

Congratulations. This is big news

Sincerely,

Elias

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

OLAYINKA AGBETUYI

Feb 28, 2020, 9:20:33 AM2/28/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Well done Dr Yacob- Haliso!

Keep the flag flying!

OAA

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Feb 28, 2020, 9:20:33 AM2/28/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
A mighty congratulations to Dr Jumoke Yacob-Haliso. This is a wonderful news!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Diran Obadina

Feb 28, 2020, 3:45:29 PM2/28/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Dr Yacob-Haliso! We are proud of you.
Diran Obadina

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 28, 2020, at 5:52 AM, Toyin Falola <toyin...@austin.utexas.edu> wrote:

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

segun ogungbemi

Feb 28, 2020, 3:45:30 PM2/28/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

segun ogungbemi

Feb 28, 2020, 3:45:30 PM2/28/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
We appreciate your services and congratulations.
Segun Ogungbemi.

Awosika Itunu

Feb 28, 2020, 7:06:38 PM2/28/20
to 'Adeshina Afolayan' via USA Africa Dialogue Series
This is good yo hear and very heart warming......

Big congratulations to Dr Jumoke Yacob-Haliso on the honour...

tunde jaiyeoba

Feb 28, 2020, 7:06:38 PM2/28/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Bravo Doc !!!

Congratulations for this success that shall open doors to greater ones !!!

Babatunde JAIYEOBA

Prof E. Babatunde JAIYEOBA PhD
Head, Department of Architecture
Faculty of Environmental Design and Management
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Femi Segun

Feb 28, 2020, 7:06:38 PM2/28/20
to 'Chika Onyeani' via USA Africa Dialogue Series

Falu ngom

Feb 28, 2020, 9:31:39 PM2/28/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to Professor Yacob-Haliso!

This is not surprising, having seen your outstanding lecture delivered at Boston University last year! Keep flying, to use the words of Oga Falola that he uttered years back!

Fallou

Uyilawa Usuanlele

Feb 29, 2020, 4:51:28 AM2/29/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Congrats.
Uyi

Dr. Jumoke Yacob-Haliso has been appointed as the first African to ever chair the FTGS Executive Committee of the ISA in its 30 years of existence. The list of past chairs of the section is a list of the founders and doyens of feminist international relations, and it is indeed a great honor for her to join that list.

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Kenneth Kalu

Feb 29, 2020, 4:51:28 AM2/29/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Big, big congratulations to Prof. Yacob-Haliso. Many more great news to follow.

All the best,

Ken

On Fri., 28 Feb. 2020 at 9:31 p.m., Falu ngom

Ofure Aito

Feb 29, 2020, 3:31:18 PM2/29/20
to USA Africa Dialogue Series
Indeed, a huge achievement and congratulations to Olajumoke. You make us proud and always will. I wish you a successful tenure. Warmest, Ofure Aito

Cornelius Hamelberg

Feb 29, 2020, 5:11:18 PM2/29/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

Mighty Congratulations, Dr. Jumoke Yacob-Haliso!

What a very important position for us, a milestone for you, for women, for the African woman.

It was not so long ago that Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie amplified the issue when she famously advised on feminism, that we (African men too?) that “We should all be feminists!”

So, we are expecting more movements in that direction from you now that you’re stationed at such a responsible position.

Over here in Sweden, “Gender Studies” is a very popular course being offered at the universities and is chosen by almost as many modern men, as modern women; I know a few men  - far from being emasculated, hen-pecked husbands and boyfriends who have nevertheless become “ feminists”;  perhaps that’s why  “ woman power!”, the women are gradually and successfully taking over in Scandinavia even as we listen to Fela ( 29 wives) still  braying “Lady nah Master”. In time to come, I suppose that the African societies that are currently most firmly entrenched in strong patriarchal cultures of gender-based violence and so forth will make the necessary concessions to modernity, in the name of women’s rights to an education at all levels, to equality, equal pay, “Metoo” etc.

 Once again, Cheers, more grease to your elbows and in the struggle, May the Almighty be with you always!

Prince Lincoln & the Royal Rasses: Humanity

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Itohan Mercy Idumwonyi

Feb 29, 2020, 6:17:32 PM2/29/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
A hearty congratulations to you Dr. O. Yacob-Haliso
Itohan

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Itohan Mercy Idumwonyi, Ph.D.
University of Benin, Benin City
Nigeria
Department of Religion
American Association of University Women (AAUW) - 2013/14 Fellow
HASTAC Scholar - 2013/14 Fellow
Forum for Theological Exploration (FTE) - 2015/16 Fellow
Forum for Theological Exploration (FTE) 2017/18 doctoral Fellow

Olajumoke Yacob-Haliso

Mar 1, 2020, 7:43:18 AM3/1/20
to USA Africa Dialogue Series
I am most grateful to each and everyone here for the shared felicitations and kind and hortatory words. Supreme appreciation to Professor Falola, who yet again exceeds us all with the largeness of his heart and the magnanimity of his person. I remain indebted to God who blesses the undeserving.

Chiedo Nwankwor

Mar 1, 2020, 10:24:28 AM3/1/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations, Dr Jumoke! More grease to your elbows.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 1, 2020, at 7:43 AM, Olajumoke Yacob-Haliso <jum...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am most grateful to each and everyone here for the shared felicitations and kind and hortatory words. Supreme appreciation to Professor Falola, who yet again exceeds us all with the largeness of his heart and the magnanimity of his person. I remain indebted to God who blesses the undeserving.
>
> --
> Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Tony Iyare

Mar 1, 2020, 2:18:33 PM3/1/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

Alinah Segobye

Mar 3, 2020, 8:27:00 AM3/3/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to Dr Jacob-Haliso!

This is indeed a wonderful achievement. AKS

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin