Hello, let's do stuff!

Melody Rector

Feb 9, 2021, 9:51:21 AM2/9/21
to upstateNYpermaculture
Hello, I've just discovered this group. I see that it has been inactive for almost a year. I would love to get things going again. I'm learning about permaculture and feeling a need to connect with other permaculturists in the community. I live in Amherst NY (near Buffalo NY). I know it's difficult to connect with each other given the Covid situation, but even just talking on zoom or something would be a great start. Who's interested?

Melody

Frank Cetera

Feb 9, 2021, 9:53:17 AM2/9/21
to upstateNYpermaculture
Hi Melody, glad you found the group.  Yeah, we have not done a good job as moderators keeping the group active.  Zoom calls can be good, I would be down for one.  I'm out of Syracuse with www.alchemicalnursery.org

Where and what resources have you used for learning so far?

Sincerely ~ Frank

Melody Rector

Feb 9, 2021, 10:08:02 AM2/9/21
to upstateNYpermaculture
I am taking a Permaculture Design Certification class run by the Women's Permaculture Guild. I have also read several books and looked at many, many websites. What I'm really looking for now is a local group to form a community of people supporting each other socially/emotionally, as well as sharing knowledge and ideas. Being a permaculture weirdo can be lonely.

patty love/Barefoot Permaculture

Feb 9, 2021, 10:34:00 AM2/9/21
to upstatenyp...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Melody.  Love your enthusiasm!  And I highly recommend anything that Frank’s organization is doing!

I host a Meetup Group in Rochester (below my signature).  We’ve been inactive of late as I’ve been at capacity with the sum total of life.  I’d be excited to work together and get some Zooming started until the weather lets us gather outdoors a little more comfortably.

You might also consider joining Permaculture Association of the Northeast (of which I am the Board Treasurer).  We have a searchable member directory, which is handy for networking.  We have some committee tasks that we’ll be outreaching for.

And you likely know you have some permaculture folks in Buffalo, too!

Congratulations on taking your PDC and reaching out to make some stuff happen!

Warmly,
patty love, MALS, PDC
(she/her/hers)

www.barefootpermaculture.com – owner
www.meetup.com/RochesterPermaculture/
585.506.6505

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "upstateNYpermaculture" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/upstatenypermaculture/36a6e596-5b0d-4932-bbc2-07fd95a9ff9dn%40googlegroups.com.

Alexandra Devin

Feb 11, 2021, 8:28:32 AM2/11/21
to upstateNYpermaculture
Hello everyone, happy to see this thread active!  I will be looking into some of those resources myself from Melody and Patty.  I'm located in Beacon, NY (Hudson Valley) and newly learning about permaculture.  I'm currently reading Gaia's Garden and have a bunch of seeds, hoping to plan out a better garden and other tools using permaculture design this year.  I'd be interested in Zoom calls, too.

Alexa

Frank Cetera

Feb 11, 2021, 8:31:11 AM2/11/21
to upstateNYpermaculture
Ok, let's schedule an introductory zoom call then.  Anyone have a preference for scheduling. I like to use When2Meet platform, but am open to Doodle or something else if others have a preference.

patty love/Barefoot Permaculture

Feb 11, 2021, 9:10:09 AM2/11/21
to upstatenyp...@googlegroups.com

There’s a Round Out Valley Meetup group, if that’s near you Alexandra.

Warmly,
patty love, MALS, PDC
(she/her/hers)

www.barefootpermaculture.com – owner
www.meetup.com/RochesterPermaculture/
585.506.6505

alexand...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2021, 8:19:28 AM2/15/21
to upstatenyp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Patty, I just joined that MeetUp!

I’ve used Doodle before although not in a long time, not sure how many of us are on this list or how many options to put.  My best availability for a Zoom call would be most Mondays 1-3PM or most Wednesdays 11:30-12:30.  Also the next few Saturdays 12:15-1:15PM.

Alexa

Alexandra Devin, LCAT, RDT
MA Drama Therapy
347-730-7356

On Feb 11, 2021, at 9:10 AM, patty love/Barefoot Permaculture <pa...@barefootpermaculture.com> wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "upstateNYpermaculture" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/upstatenypermaculture/00a101d7007f%2497983420%24c6c89c60%24%40barefootpermaculture.com.