Harris Hill Monday?

Wings-Aron Lantz

Nov 26, 2021, 6:41:22 PM11/26/21
to 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, FLYING ALERTS
Hello,

What do you all think of Monday at Harris?

Thanks,

Aron

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron

Mark Donahoe

Nov 26, 2021, 8:29:24 PM11/26/21
to Wings-Aron Lantz, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, FLYING ALERTS
👍

Robert Slebodnik

Nov 26, 2021, 11:49:10 PM11/26/21
to Wings-Aron Lantz, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, FLYING ALERTS
Aron,
I'd love to, but I have to work on Monday.
Is anyone looking at Dansville on Tuesday, Nov. 30?
Bob S.

Robert Skinner

Nov 27, 2021, 12:54:41 PM11/27/21
to Wings-Aron Lantz, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, FLYING ALERTS
Aaron,

Looks wonderful until about 2pm.
I have a dental appt though : \

Rob

Rob

Wings-Aron Lantz

Nov 27, 2021, 4:03:37 PM11/27/21
to Robert Skinner, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, FLYING ALERTS, RAF
Keeping an eye on Monday.  Rocco an H2 from PA and Ron an H2 from PA are looking at it also.

Who is in?

Thanks,

Aron

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron

Wings-Aron Lantz

Nov 27, 2021, 8:50:33 PM11/27/21
to Robert Skinner, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, FLYING ALERTS, RAF
Hi,
Does anyone know if the corn has been harvested at Harris Hill lz?  Would like to know for safety of the new flyers...

Thanks,

Aron

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Upstate NY Free Flyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/upstate-ny-free-flyers/c215b00f-1573-4daf-a482-5e00cba955e9%40aronlantz.com.

Robert Skinner

Nov 27, 2021, 10:03:24 PM11/27/21
to Wings-Aron Lantz, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, FLYING ALERTS, RAF
The combines were cutting it last Tuesday.

Mark Donahoe

Nov 27, 2021, 11:57:04 PM11/27/21
to Robert Skinner, Wings-Aron Lantz, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, FLYING ALERTS, RAF

Wings-Aron Lantz

Nov 28, 2021, 3:05:19 PM11/28/21
to RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, FLYING ALERTS
Jared,
We will have local pilots there at Harris.  Planning to be uptop setting up around 9AM.  Looks like myself, Jim K. Others we think are coming Rocco, Mark D.  Possibly Ron Kurus.

Jim K reported today that the LZ corn is harvested...awsome!

Aron

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron
On Nov 28, 2021, at 12:08 PM, Jared Yates <em...@jaredyates.com> wrote:
Will there be any officially local pilots on hand that I can get renewed with?

On November 28, 2021 11:03:23 James Black <jbl...@naz.edu> wrote:

I’d love to fly with you on Monday, but I am away at a college visit with my daughter.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 28, 2021, at 12:01 AM, Jared Yates < em...@jaredyates.com> wrote:

Are there any PG people interested or is it just HG so far?

--
***Be sure to check the Group Calendar often!***

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rochesterareaflyers%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York

You received this because you are subscribed to "RochesterAreaFlyers"
For more options, visit this group at:
http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterareaflyers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RochesterAreaFlyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/CADAET_2GqgCR-PwFX7FnOXmWNUQ_nAGBpHi%3DgEgCKUTwJdM-Vw%40mail.gmail.com.

--

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/CAPYVTdNHF0sbNqtxZ-4XGkQ_%2Bt08_RD43t5OFqc%3Dv9cDUyyOkg%40mail.gmail.com.

--

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/CALQqo93SN6rEOyc_r-05C9bZhyiN4acJRmRUVBhcHoqO5Ba7sw%40mail.gmail.com.

--
***Be sure to check the Group Calendar often!***

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=rochesterareaflyers%40gmail.com&ctz=America/New_York

You received this because you are subscribed to "RochesterAreaFlyers"
For more options, visit this group at:
http://groups.google.com/group/rochesterareaflyers?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "RochesterAreaFlyers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rochesterareaflyers/17d6785ed10.2836.49330d532e18b7c1d9141422eac907fb%40jaredyates.com.

Mark Donahoe

Nov 28, 2021, 3:13:44 PM11/28/21
to Wings-Aron Lantz, RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, FLYING ALERTS

Wings-Aron Lantz

Nov 29, 2021, 5:45:46 AM11/29/21
to Mark Donahoe, RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, FLYING ALERTS
See you there Mark... whenever we'll be there

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron

Wings-Aron Lantz

Nov 29, 2021, 12:52:24 PM11/29/21
to Mark Donahoe, RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, FLYING ALERTS
Flight Report:

Jim K. and Julie came out to assist...big thanks!

Early on it was cloudy, but the wind was good!

Rocco launched into a nice cycle and went right up.  He had his first true soaring flight of approximately 30 minutes!  He did well launching, working the ridge lift, and had a safe landing.  I'd guess Rocco got 500-600ft over?

Aron flew next and was in the air 30 minutes, part of the time while Rocco was up and tried to stay out of the way of Rocco on the ridge.  About 400 over most of the time.

Mark showed up a bit later and had nice flight in sun and clouds mix.  As we looked on from the lz it looked like he was finding some thermal action... a 39 minute flight, and 925ft over...the flight of the day.

Tower was called before and after flying.

Cold day but it sure was fun!

Let's fly soon!

Aron

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron

Robert Skinner

Nov 29, 2021, 1:00:12 PM11/29/21
to Wings-Aron Lantz, Mark Donahoe, RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, FLYING ALERTS
Glad you all got some.  Not going back up for round 2?  What is the mud situation like on the road, launch, lz?

Wings-Aron Lantz

Nov 29, 2021, 3:33:52 PM11/29/21
to Robert Skinner, Mark Donahoe, RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers, FLYING ALERTS
Rob,

The road wasn't bad.  About an inch of snow.  My rear wheel drive car made it up with momentum.

Lz is ok, just about an inch of snow there.

Probably still soarable...but we just got home.

Aron

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron

Wings-Aron Lantz

Nov 30, 2021, 7:27:35 AM11/30/21
to RAF, 'Wings-Aron Lantz' via Upstate NY Free Flyers
Here are some pics Mark...

email sign off-
Want more flying opportunities?
see www.soaringroadtrip.com for more regional flying days. Try the tools.  Built by pilots for pilots!  Thanks, Aron
On Nov 30, 2021, at 12:03 AM, Mark Donahoe <corkd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Jim, Aron and Julie, thanks for hanging in there for me!

Mark

20211129_115942.jpg
20211129_115928.jpg
20211129_115750.jpg