Newbie PG Videos (Jim Black)

Jim Black

Oct 6, 2021, 5:12:54 PM10/6/21
to Rochester Area Flyers, Upstate NY Free Flyers
Below are some video edits from my first 2 months flying PG at our local sites. These are not best-of examples, but rather all the footage I had collected!

Random P2 Approaches and Landings (4 min)

Random P2 Launches (2 min)

Jim Black
P2/H4

Robert Skinner

Oct 7, 2021, 10:48:05 AM10/7/21
to Jim Black, Rochester Area Flyers, Upstate NY Free Flyers
Damn Jim ...  You've put some miles on in the past 2 months : )

Rob

Rob

David Oddy

Oct 8, 2021, 7:23:02 AM10/8/21
to Jim Black, Rochester Area Flyers, Upstate NY Free Flyers
Really nice!!!  I like your elbow/arm positions in turns - nice and tight near the risers and pulling across your body to turn instead of down. Many people keep their arms wide, but your narrow position is more aerodynamic and pulling to the inside to turn activates the wingtip more for better turning.  Nice!!  The tradeoff is it makes it more tempting to be a little "riser grabby" which it looks like happens a touch, but easy to fix.

Are they in order? It looks better each time!

Dave