Lower Yough | 10 am | Saturday | Ohiopyle

Calleva's River School

Jul 17, 2020, 8:53:34 AM7/17/20
to Cheat Training
Hi Yough Trainers,

Get stoked because tomorrow is our trademarked Upper Yough Moves on the Lower Yough clinic....

Bring your creekers and your boof!

We will plan to drop boats and passengers off in Ohiopyle at 10 am and then run shuttle. I have a pick up and am happy to bring people back to the put in in it. I think a few others can help with that as well?

Calleva has a permit so you do not need to get one individually. As far as I know, PA DNR has NOT been charging for the shuttle bus this year.  It is still good to bring $4 just in case. You will need to have a mask or face covering with you for the shuttle bus. Plan to bring a dry bag for it on the river.

We will divide into two steezy groups at the put in after shuttle has been run. There is a large concrete space just before you head down to the permitting window area.

Please let me know if you are NOT attending. Otherwise, see you there!

Ashley McEwan & the Calleva staff

Jim Byrom

Jul 17, 2020, 10:49:37 AM7/17/20
to Calleva's River School, Cheat Training
Stoked and ready to fire!  With some extra calories to pack on the river!

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace."  John 16:33

On Jul 17, 2020, at 8:53 AM, Calleva's River School <callevaliqu...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
la...@calleva.org
calleva.org/liquid-adventures-kayak

Amk's Gmail

Jul 17, 2020, 11:56:29 AM7/17/20
to Jim Byrom, Calleva's River School, Cheat Training
Have a great time!

Thing-a-ma-jig 2020 at your service.

On Jul 17, 2020, at 10:49 AM, Jim Byrom <jkb2...@live.com> wrote:

 Stoked and ready to fire!  With some extra calories to pack on the river!

C. Mark Eakin

Jul 17, 2020, 8:46:13 PM7/17/20
to Calleva's River School, Cheat Training
Jim and I are driving up together. I have Cheddar and Chris in my truck coming back from the takeout, leaving room for one more inside and others outside.

See you tomorrow,
Mark

Dustin Goen

Jul 17, 2020, 8:53:56 PM7/17/20
to C. Mark Eakin, Calleva's River School, Cheat Training
My son and I are in a small truck as well, room for 3 more in either direction.

Dustin

--

-d

Ashley McEwan

Jul 17, 2020, 9:25:29 PM7/17/20
to Dustin Goen, Cheat Training
Hey guys- Just want to share some extra info with you as a couple of people have asked.

I’ve been to the lower yough a few times this summer. Every time there have been two shuttle busses running and my group has been the only ones on the bus.

However, a good back up plan is to put your boat on the shuttle and walk up the hill.

That way you can assess the situation when you get down there and make your own decision.

Looking forward to tomorrow! Ashley

Sent from phone

Eric Mason

Jul 17, 2020, 10:26:33 PM7/17/20
to Dustin Goen, C. Mark Eakin, Calleva's River School, Cheat Training
Just me driving, but I will likely have to skip out a little early to make evening plans.  If I can originally leave my car at the put out and catch a ride to the put in, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Eric

Pam Foley

Jul 17, 2020, 11:19:56 PM7/17/20
to Eric Mason, Dustin Goen, C. Mark Eakin, Calleva's River School, Cheat Training
If anyone does the walk up to the main parking from the lower lot, we would love a report on how long it takes...
Pam & Gene Foley

Sent from my iPhone

Jason Bates

Jul 18, 2020, 9:25:44 AM7/18/20
to 'Pam Foley' via Cheat Training, Eric Mason, Dustin Goen, C. Mark Eakin, Calleva's River School
Looks like I am first. Parked down past the Porta Johns

Thierry Rosenheck

Jul 19, 2020, 1:40:27 PM7/19/20
to Pam Foley, Eric Mason, Dustin Goen, C. Mark Eakin, Calleva's River School, Cheat Training
Wow -- I had a fantastic day with Bobby nitpicking the LY... who knew there was so much to squeeze out of it!

Bobby and the group we're perfect together ... When can we do it again?  T

Dustin Goen

Jul 19, 2020, 1:47:05 PM7/19/20
to Thierry Rosenheck, C. Mark Eakin, Calleva's River School, Cheat Training, Eric Mason, Pam Foley
I’ll second that...we had a great time! Would love to do another of the Saturday sessions on LY instead of local if possible.
--

-d

Eric

Jul 19, 2020, 2:36:41 PM7/19/20
to Dustin Goen, Thierry Rosenheck, C. Mark Eakin, Calleva's River School, Cheat Training, Eric Mason, Pam Foley
I 3rd that emotion.  Give us another day on the LY w/ Bobby during UY Training!  :-). I left a lot on the table and need to revisit.  I failed Face Your Fears 102-104 and will either need to repeat next year or go to summer school.

Eric L.

Jarno Manzke

Jul 19, 2020, 5:41:09 PM7/19/20
to Eric, Dustin Goen, Thierry Rosenheck, C. Mark Eakin, Calleva's River School, Cheat Training, Eric Mason, Pam Foley
I agree to all above...

I'd like to have a day with Bobby on the LY as well!!

dalton....@gmail.com

Jul 19, 2020, 6:15:03 PM7/19/20
to Jarno Manzke, Eric, Dustin Goen, Thierry Rosenheck, C. Mark Eakin, Calleva's River School, Cheat Training, Eric Mason, Pam Foley
Anyone up for little falls dawn patrol this week?

Jason Bates

Jul 22, 2020, 4:14:59 PM7/22/20
to Jason Bates, 'Pam Foley' via Cheat Training, Eric Mason, Dustin Goen, C. Mark Eakin, Calleva's River School
Hey folks,
We still doing this tonight? Had a tree come down on the street in front of the house.

Cheddar

> On Jul 18, 2020, at 09:33, 'Jason Bates' via Cheat Training <upper_yough_t...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Looks like I am first. Parked down past the Porta Johns
>
>> On Jul 17, 2020, at 23:28, 'Pam Foley' via Cheat Training <upper_yough_t...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>>

> --
> la...@calleva.org
> calleva.org/liquid-adventures-kayak
> ---

Steve-O McKone

Jul 22, 2020, 4:16:39 PM7/22/20
to Jason Bates, 'Pam Foley' via Cheat Training, C. Mark Eakin, Calleva's River School, Dustin Goen, Eric Mason
Oh ya we are storm is passing should be fine by  put on time! Youre  just trying to get out of hole escape practice!!
--
Steve-O
Director of Calleva's River School

Calleva.org

C. Mark Eakin

Jul 22, 2020, 4:20:39 PM7/22/20
to Steve-O McKone, Jason Bates, 'Pam Foley' via Cheat Training, Calleva's River School, Dustin Goen, Eric Mason
Weather Channel’s “Radar” forecast shows this taking until 6:00 to pass but another behind it lasting until 7:00. If the forecast is right I’ll be spending a bunch of time in my truck for nothing but I’ll finish loading up once the worst of this passes.

River School

Jul 22, 2020, 4:22:46 PM7/22/20
to C. Mark Eakin, 'Pam Foley' via Cheat Training, Calleva's River School, Dustin Goen, Eric Mason, Jason Bates, Steve-O McKone

The radar I see just shows rain after this band, are you seeing something more severe?

--
Ashley McEwan

transpo...@calleva.org Calleva Transportation Director

Office Hours Tuesday - Friday 9 am - 5 pm

Calleva River School
13015 Riley's Lock Rd
Poolesville, MD 20837

Beginner Kayak Classes start in June!

Steve-O McKone

Jul 22, 2020, 5:38:46 PM7/22/20
to Jason Bates, 'Pam Foley' via Cheat Training, C. Mark Eakin, Calleva's River School, Dustin Goen, Eric Mason
I am going to be at the lock 6 put in at bottom of feeder at 6 the amount of thunder doesn’t concern me, but understand if you want to wait it out. We will be on feeder for 30-45 minutes then at dam after that followed by z channel. Join us when you can.
-Steveo