An in-depth preview of Unpoly 2

Henning Koch

Dec 9, 2020, 4:44:25 PM12/9/20
to unpoly
Hi everyone,

the next release will be Unpoly 2.

If you're curious about what's coming,
here are 150 slides about Unpoly 2:

http://triskweline.de/unpoly2-slides/

Best regards
Henning

Dave Burkholder

Dec 9, 2020, 6:17:23 PM12/9/20
to unp...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations on getting to this point, Henning!!  And many thanks for Unpoly.

Slide #5 has the thing I've been eagerly awaiting...

Layer API

A new layer API replaces modals and popups.
Layers are isolated and can be stacked infinitly.

YEA!

Peter Wilkinson

Dec 9, 2020, 6:19:04 PM12/9/20
to unp...@googlegroups.com
That all looks great Henning, nice work.

Peter W.

adam.me...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2020, 7:31:56 PM12/9/20
to unpoly
I'm going to admit that I've been sneaking peaks at the slides in the layers branch over the last few months. It's been great to follow along.

I'm incredibly pumped for this release; Unpoly has been working fantastic already but these improvements just make everything so much better. And the infinite layering has an incredible amount of possibilities.

Fantastic work!

Philippe Jadin

Dec 10, 2020, 3:41:02 AM12/10/20
to unp...@googlegroups.com
This is just crazy! With so many new features unpolly will be the go to tool for my projects. Thank you!

A very little comment regarding the slides : the "pro" on some pages in the corner is misleading : one might believe there is a pro (paid?) version with pro features. My 2 cents anyway :-)

Thank you again for the hard work,

Иван Грецкий

Dec 10, 2020, 2:11:06 PM12/10/20
to unpoly
Great new features and an excellent presentation! Waiting to get my hands dirty testing the new version)

Henning Koch

Dec 10, 2020, 2:32:07 PM12/10/20
to unp...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

many thanks for the words of encouragement I received via this list,
private email and Twitter.

It means a lot to hear from users when you've been working on something
for this long.

Best regards
Henning

Иван Грецкий

Jan 9, 2021, 2:22:02 PM1/9/21
to unpoly
Happy new year, everybody! (yes, we're still celebrating).

One of the things I am eagerly waiting for in 2021 is Unpoly 2. Is there any renewed official roadmap or some insider info on this?

Adam Daniels

Jan 9, 2021, 5:47:48 PM1/9/21
to unp...@googlegroups.com
If you’re super curious, Henning keeps a todo on GitHub in the hk/layers branch. File is design/todo_layers.txt.

Very much for insiders/enthusiasts, but it’s interesting to follow along. He’s keeping good pace; hopefully it’s not too much.

Adam

Sent from my iPhone