Google Response TIME in MRCP

Nadesan saravana

Nov 25, 2022, 11:57:34 AM11/25/22
to UniMRCP
Hi All,

Can we get the benchmark for how fast google response for speech to text ?

We are expecting to get the response in lest than 1 second.

Thanks,
Nadesan G

Vahagn Kocharyan

Dec 2, 2022, 11:53:23 AM12/2/22
to UniMRCP

Hi
based on your connectivity speed it take to seconds. In general it takes less than second

Arsen Chaloyan

Dec 22, 2022, 8:30:40 PM12/22/22
to uni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nadesan,

Yes, responses from Google will arrive in less than 1 second. However, it depends on how you define the response time. It is quite tricky to determine when the input is actually complete (caller stops speaking), which may take longer than the response time of the API itself. All the relevant timings are output in the status file, if enabled from configuration.

Arsen Chaloyan
Author of UniMRCP
http://www.unimrcp.org