Proactively Requesting a Recognition Result

erj

May 5, 2023, 1:22:11 PM5/5/23
to UniMRCP
Hi Arsen,
Thanks for your help on the DTMF mixed recognition.

We have a requirement to be able to stop a RECOGNIZE session part way through in a way that makes the server return a recognition of the voice data sent up to the point the stop happened. This is without having to wait for the "speech-complete-timeout" seconds before we get a recognition result back. Is it possible ?

Looking at the code we have the following which might be relevant:

RECOGNIZER_GET_RESULT
RECOGNIZER_STOP
mrcp_application_session_terminate

If we sent a RECOGNIZER_GET_RESULT would it just return a result of the recognition so far ?

Thanks for your help.
Ed James

Arsen Chaloyan

May 11, 2023, 4:18:54 PM5/11/23
to uni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ed,

The problem is neither of the MRCP methods is designed for your specific use case.

The GET-RESULT request is supposed to be invoked only after the recognition is complete, let's say, in the case when the client intends to get a wider selection of alternate results for already completed recognition and/or with a different confidence threshold applied.

The STOP request in turn abruptly terminates the ongoing recognition. Semantically, though, this method is closer to what you need. Assuming UniMRCP is used on both ends (client and server), the protocol and implementation can be extended to allow graceful completion of the ongoing recognition request based on some vendor-specific or global configuration parameter. In such a case, the NLSML results can be returned in response to the STOP request. This approach would not require any changes in the UniMRCP client and server stacks, but the user application and also the plugins shall be aware of this extension.

Arsen Chaloyan
Author of UniMRCP
http://www.unimrcp.org

erj

May 12, 2023, 4:18:40 AM5/12/23
to UniMRCP
Hi Arsen,
Great thanks, so just to be clear it would require some development work from you on the plugin so that it could return the recognition results in response to a STOP. Is that correct ?
Thanks
Ed

Arsen Chaloyan

May 15, 2023, 1:55:48 PM5/15/23
to uni...@googlegroups.com
That is right, Ed.

erj

May 18, 2023, 4:05:58 AM5/18/23
to UniMRCP
Hi Arsen,
Ok thanks. Could you give me an idea of the likely timescale for the development work needed to the plugin ? If you prefer then please contact me on e...@redwoodtech.com.
Thanks
Ed

erj

May 18, 2023, 4:18:08 AM5/18/23
to UniMRCP
Hi Arsen,
Just to emphasize that we would be looking for this change as a priority as we have a quite tight customer deadline.
Thanks
Ed

erj

Jun 14, 2023, 7:00:23 AM6/14/23
to UniMRCP
Hi Arsen,
Thanks for the quote and apologies for the delay getting back to you but it's still being considered.
Regards
Ed