Unijoysticle and 64 reloaded MK2.

Krzysztof Dabrowski

Dec 12, 2020, 5:33:25 PM12/12/20
to Unijoysticle
Hi,

i'm just experimenting with unijoysticle (version by Kopsec without possibility for external power supply).
And with my normal c64 it works OK (i've upgraded to the latest beta1 firmware) but with c64 reloaded mk2 it makes image distortios (randomly moving picture one pixel left/right on radom lines).

Has anyone experienced the same issues? could it be caused by unijoysticle drawing too much power?

best regards,
Krzysztof

Ricardo Quesada

Dec 12, 2020, 7:50:58 PM12/12/20
to Krzysztof Dabrowski, Unijoysticle
Hi,

could take a video and share it? It is not clear what kind of image
distortion you are experiencing.

Just to understand, does the unijoysicle works as expected (besides
the bug that you are mentioning)?
do you see this bug all the time? or does it happen sporadically?
could you power the Reloaded Mk2 with a power supply with higher
amperage and see if that fixes it? (e.g: more than 0.5amps than what
you are currently using).

kopsec C64

Jan 10, 2021, 1:03:57 PM1/10/21
to Unijoysticle
Tried with different power suplies and the image distortion is always there.

Adding a LOW ESR 1500 or 2200uF electrolytic capacitor connected to VCC & GND will solve the image distortion in MK2.
There is still a frequency around 1.5KHz barely audible.
IMG_0918.JPG